Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Backing up data

Default Backing up data
    I've got a fully jailbroken iPod Touch and I'd like to upgrade to the new software but I have so much stuff stored in my contacts and my calender. Is there any way I can back up all the info so that when it gets erased by the new update I'll have it to load it back on? Or even my music, I'm assuming since it's jailbroken it's going to make me do a full restore to upgrade.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Its all automatically updated every time you sync with itunes. Just sync, restore to 1.1.3, and "restore from backup" when itunes prompts you. good to go
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

You sure? I don't have to worry about losing any of my calender info or music? Even though it's jailbroken with 3rd party apps?

bump
    Last edited by Zamphire; 2008-01-17 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone screamo's Avatar
    Thanks

open up itunes, go to edit, than go to the last tab. That shows all of the back ups on your itunes. If your ipod is backed up, it should show up on that list.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This will for sure not effect your contacts. One thing, being that you have a touch there really isnt a reason to update... you will lose all your apps and the update (google maps?) is really utterly worthless for you. I mean its your call but in my honest opinion there is no reason whatsoever to go to 1.1.3 with the touch just yet.