Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem Downgrading From 1.1.3 [Help Please]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Problem Downgrading From 1.1.3 [Help Please]
    So, I was attempting to downgrade from 1.1.3, because I am not satisfied with it at all. After downgrading to 1.0.2, I got the sim message. I eventually ended up in the DFU mode, with the yellow triangle, and a black background. It changed to a blue background, and began scrolling through white text, and repeated from the black background with a yellow triangle.

I can't put it in the proper DFU mode. I can't restore, because iTunes doesn't recognize my phone when it's scrolling through text! I have work tomorrow, and I need my phone, can anyone please help? Thanks!

Brandon

Thanks

^^^As soon as the Yellow Triangle shows, hold both the power and home buttons down- it should eventually go back into Restore Mode.

BTW, There is NO WAY to get a fully working phone by downgrading. you need to update back to 1.1.3 if you want to use your phone for calls.
    Apples taste good.

Good luck. As i've read, TUAW and gizmodo can't do it with out killing the phone part. Been said many times before, you can NOT downgrade from 1.1.3.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I try downgrading mine and get the INCORRECT SIM error. That is after shift clicking restore and selecting 1.1.1 then using windows.bat to kick out of the 1015 error. I guess I'm stuck with 1.1.3 until one of our geniuses finds a way to jailbreak it. I knew I shouldn't have done that update. Wasn't really worth it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah, I got it out of the loop. I restored, and then I got a SIM error with 1.1.3. I took out the SIM card, and put it back in, and it activated. I hate this update! This totally wasn't worth it. My text messages go out of chronological order... Is anyone else having this problem??

Brandon

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

Haven't had that one yet. But I'll keep a look out. Does it do it all the time? Or does it do it on single messages or multiple recipient messages?

Default Loop Of Death
    Quote Originally Posted by brandoncarr View Post
    Yeah, I got it out of the loop.
    My iPhone is now stuck in the loop you wrote about. How did you get out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruejl View Post
    ^^^As soon as the Yellow Triangle shows, hold both the power and home buttons down- it should eventually go back into Restore Mode.

BTW, There is NO WAY to get a fully working phone by downgrading. you need to update back to 1.1.3 if you want to use your phone for calls.
    That's NOT how to get into DFU Restore Mode.

"DFU Restore: While the phone is on, hold down the Power and Home buttons untill the phone reboots. Once the phone reboots, let go of the Power button and continue to hold down the Home button. Keep holding the Home button down untill the screen is completely black and iTunes recognizes a phone in restore mode. If there is anything on the screen of your iPhone, you are in Restore mode, not DFU Restore mode"

The easiest way to get into DFU Restore Mode is turn the volume on your PC speakers up. Start the process like it says how in bold above. Soon as you hear the phone DISCONNECT, rlease the power button but continue to hold the HOME button. Wait until you hear the phone RE-CONNECT, then release the HOME button. There should be a bubble notice appear in your task bar that will confirm you're in DFU Retore Mode. If you miss the bubble notice don't worry about it and proceed. I had ZERO problems getting into DFU Restore Mode following this method.