Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Manually replace/update system- or appl -files

Default Manually replace/update system- or appl -files
    Hello, maybe this also could go in the OSX-Modding threads; couldn't decide..

I really tried to find something on this board about this, so' if its a dumbass Q, shoot me.., but,

Is the release of the pass/key for decrypting/mounting the firmware (022-3743-100.dmg in this case of 1.1.3) , close related to the proces of 'breaking' 1.1.3?

I'm wondering this because i once mounted the 1.1.2 restore.ipsw.zip (via vfdecrypt method) and found out (many others did too) that it was possible to run apps from 1.1.2 fw on an iphone running 1.1.2

So I was thinking; when I just could replace f.e. the old SpringBoard.app for a 1.1.3 version, and could get some benefits of some new options, I would be very happy... (i succesfully used this replacement of SB a few times on 1.1.2-iphones wich had a problem with 'no scrolling when more than 16 apps installed' issue..)

If something like that would work, there must be a lot more to modify (especially in the system-fld), to get an custom/incomplete/amateur/HalfPimped-spyfone, running firmware 1.1.2 1/2 (Beta)

Just a personal thought & when it makes no sense, feel free to ignore.... (or teach me;-)

Cheers,

Johnny Crash

that was my idea too. we have the passcode for the 1.1.2 firmware so why not just make a beta firmware with whatever we want? use the same bootloader and everything. i dunno maybe im like way off but the iphone is just a phone and a flash drive why not put our own custom firmware on it?