Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to restore a jailbroken 1.1.2?

Thanks

Default How to restore a jailbroken 1.1.2?
    Please someone put a guide for this.

I already upgraded many iphones to 1.1.2 yet only now i try to restore a jailbroken/unlock 1.1.2. I know the normal process for upgrading yet now i have a problem of restoring 1.1.2.

What i DID to my IPHONE
    1. Click shift/restore 1.1.1 thru itunes
    2. boot thru ibrickr
    3. use carnaval for activation
    4. install oktoprep
    5. upgrade to 1.1.2
    6 THIS IS my PROBLEM...once i use the jailbreak method file JAR..
    it says i should run oktoprep...BUT I DID IT ALREADY.. what should i do now, i tried this 3x already but nothing happened.
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

One thing that I did that may or may not have been necessary was install the BB Downgrader - to downgrade my baseband before upgrade back to 1.1.2. - you may like to try this.

Also make sure that BSD Subsystem is installed.

Double check you are clicking "UPGRADE" and not restore.

All really simple information I am sure you know but sometimes we all need to be reminded of the little things we can sometimes skip.

I think I read somewhere that there may be problems with upgrading to 1.1.2 now that 1.1.3 has been released..

Possibly try search and make sure its still possible?!

Thanks

I used this guide and it was very clear and worked like a charm.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15669

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

just redo it.
    dowgrade to 1.1.1 > jailbreak > oktoprep > upgrade 1.1.2 > jailbreak
    first time I did it, it didn't work. Second time was the charm. oktoprep obviously didnt install like it was supposed to.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

just redo it.
    dowgrade to 1.1.1 > jailbreak > oktoprep > upgrade 1.1.2 > jailbreak
    first time I did it, it didn't work. Second time was the charm. oktoprep obviously didnt install like it was supposed to.

Thanks

What i DID to my IPHONE
    1. Click shift/restore 1.1.1 thru itunes
    2. boot thru ibrickr
    3. use carnaval for activation
    4. install oktoprep
    5. upgrade to 1.1.2
    6 THIS IS my PROBLEM...once i use the jailbreak method file JAR..
    it says i should run oktoprep...BUT I DID IT ALREADY.. what should i do now, i tried this 3x already but nothing happened.
    PROBLEM SOLVED:

after restoring to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it, i tried to downgrade the baseband using the BB downgrader(for 4.02.13 ) in installer.app then i also fix the 300mb issue. THen i followed the normal procedure for upgrading and jailbreaking 1.1.2.

Now im ready to help those person facing the same issue.
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

hi
    bro
    how do u this b/c i have same problem can u plz poost the result how u can we do it
    br
    aza

after restoring to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it, i tried to downgrade the baseband using the BB downgrader(for 4.02.13 ) in installer.app then i also fix the 300mb issue. THen i followed the normal procedure for upgrading and jailbreaking 1.1.2.

Now im ready to help those person facing the same issue.
    As an FYI, you do not have to do that just for a restore. You should only do that baseband stuff when yo have a damaged baseband. In your case, your original jailbreak error was one of two things:
    1) OKTOPREP just didnt work
    2) You had a PC side USB issue. This is actually quite common.

Also, the 300mb limit was a side-effect of Caranval / jailbreak.toc2rta.com not finishing.

One way to prevent this in the future is to use bosstool to do the jailbreak prep. What is nice about it is you can see in bosstool that the prep was completed in the status. The other thing is that bosstool's jailbreak prep fixes the 300mb issue automatically when prepping 1.1.2 jailbreak.

So, if you are jailbreak 1.1.2 and you need to restore here are your steps:

1) Shift-restore to 1.1.1
    2) Jailbreak 1.1.2 software to boot the phone
    3) jailbreakme.com to jailbreak. (if this wont work, go to jailbreak.toc2rta.com one time, then jailbreakme.com should work. Fixes it everytime for me).
    4) Install bosstool
    5) Run jailbreak prep. Make sure it worked! If not, run oktoprep then back to bosstool and make sure jailbreak prep status shows "already prepped"
    6) Upgrade to 1.1.2
    7) Run drudge's jailbreak package (conceited software).
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    As an FYI, you do not have to do that just for a restore. You should only do that baseband stuff when yo have a damaged baseband. In your case, your original jailbreak error was one of two things:
    1) OKTOPREP just didnt work
    2) You had a PC side USB issue. This is actually quite common.

Also, the 300mb limit was a side-effect of Caranval / jailbreak.toc2rta.com not finishing.

One way to prevent this in the future is to use bosstool to do the jailbreak prep. What is nice about it is you can see in bosstool that the prep was completed in the status. The other thing is that bosstool's jailbreak prep fixes the 300mb issue automatically when prepping 1.1.2 jailbreak.

So, if you are jailbreak 1.1.2 and you need to restore here are your steps:

1) Shift-restore to 1.1.1
    2) Jailbreak 1.1.2 software to boot the phone
    3) jailbreakme.com to jailbreak. (if this wont work, go to jailbreak.toc2rta.com one time, then jailbreakme.com should work. Fixes it everytime for me).
    4) Install bosstool
    5) Run jailbreak prep. Make sure it worked! If not, run oktoprep then back to bosstool and make sure jailbreak prep status shows "already prepped"
    6) Upgrade to 1.1.2
    7) Run drudge's jailbreak package (conceited software).
    Where should we download BossTool??
    Be good... Thanks.