Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: downgrading *pwned* 2.0 to 1.1.4?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default downgrading *pwned* 2.0 to 1.1.4?
    (sorry if you saw this in the pwnage sub-forum -- I realized after posting there that I should have posted here instead, but I couldn't see a way to delete my post there)

So I just got my first iPhone, an 8 gig that the previous owner had already upgraded to 2.0. PwnageTool had just come out, so I couldn't wait to apply it to my phone. And I did it - successfully! It's working with T-mobile without a hitch.

Except it's kind of crashy. And I didn't realize that all those wonderful jailbroken apps had to be ported. So now I'm thinking I'd rather downgrade to the 1.1.4 jailbroken/unlocked firmware.

The question: can I basically apply the same procedure as outlined here Hack that Phone - Downgrading 2.0 firmware to 1.1.4 firmware, even though that's for downgrading an *un*pwned 2.0?

Thanks!

I agree it is crashy, but all the apps will be ported in a couple weeks so just wait

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    But is there a real reason not to downgrade now and then re-upgrade in those couple weeks? Is it not safe?

Also, I should just verify - jailbroken and/or unlocked 1.1.4 iphones weren't crashy like this?

It sure is crashy. I had mine pwned twice and after sometime, when I reboot my iphone, it just goes to a loop boot and not coming back. I will definitely downgrade to 1.1.4.