Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgraded Itunes to 7.6.. Cant find Iphone!

Default Upgraded Itunes to 7.6.. Cant find Iphone!
    Hi!

No I have nu f***ing idea how this happned. Havn't had any problems with the Iphone and Itunes before.
    (Using Windows)
    So I saw that there was a new Itunes out and also a new firmware for Iphone! So yea, I started with upgrading my Itunes to the new version 7.6. Everything went great. Restarted as they asked me to. But when I started up again my Iphone didn't show up!?
    I went to Iphone diagnostics... says that no Iphone/Ipod is connected.
    So I pressed HELP and came to Apples help page. I've done all the recommended steps on their.... nothing worked.

The thing is, I can access the phone from my computer, explore the photos and so on (It shows up as a camera). Everytime I reconnect it shows up. So the phone is connected. But it wont show up in itunes.

I tried to reinstall Itunes... didn't work
    I tried to restart the Ipod service... didn't work
    I tried to go back to the version I had, didnt work
    I tried to reinstall my iphone as a device on the computer a number of times.
    I've reset the Iphone a few times. etc

I cant think of something that can be done? :S

Is there anyone out there whos had the same problem? Any ideas on how to solve this?

This sucks!
    Last edited by slop3; 2008-01-16 at 09:37 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

pop it into restore mode and see if it recognizes it then. If not, make sure that ALL your crap from itunes is deleted. There is a lot of BS apple hides so just uninstalling the thing won't take it all away. Once this is done, reinstall your old version. If that works try an upgrade again.

If you can't find iPhone you should try the dirty clothes basket - maybe you left it in a pocket in your pants?