Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 HELP!

Default 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 HELP!
    Alright I need help,

Currently my iPhone is at 1.0.2, but some new apps require 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 to install them so I am wondering how do I upgrade from 1.0.2 to whichever one you guys think is better.

One question I have is will my apps still be there when I upgrade?

Links to tutorials or any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Well, since 1.1.3 came out today, you can not upgrade to 1.1.2 anymore. You can only upgrade to 1.1.1, which is exaclty the same practically as 1.1.2.

If you want to upgrade to 1.1.1, here is what you do....

1.) Go to your installer and let the sources refresh. Then tap the button that says sources. At the top right hand corner you will see a button that says "Edit". Once you tap "Edit" you will see a button in the left hand corner that says "Add". Then a window will pop up and type this in the box... http://limitededitioniphone.com/lei.xml

2.) Your sources will refresh again. Once they are done refreshing, go back to install select "All Packages". You have to revirginize your phone. Make sure you pick the right virginizer or you will mess your phone up. The virginizer must be for 1.0.2!!

3.) after installing the virginizer you might get a error saying "Main script execution failed". That is ok.

4.) Now go to iTunes and restore your phone to 1.1.1 - To do that, connect your iPhone to iTunes. After it syncs or whatever, PRESS "SHIFT + RESTORE" AT THE SAME TIME!!! Select the firmware 1.1.1 file. If you do not have that file, you can get it here: http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPh...Download_Links

***Reply back after you are done with all of that, and then I will walk you through the rest. Feel free to ask any questions if you get stuck on any of those steps!!! *****

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dlubbat For This Useful Post:

Ic3man (2008-01-17)

Hi, and thanks for that good info..I am in the same situation but I havent done anything to my phone and got 1.0.2 version and no Installer. So my Q is...where can I get an installer and what is the best one?
    Thanks for all the help
    Iphone beginner!

hi
    thank you for your help could you tell us what is next steps pls

Thanks for the helpful post.

I did all the steps you said and it is now telling me my iPhone is activated and wondering how i want to set it up.

Let me know the next steps!

Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by Ic3man; 2008-01-17 at 06:48 AM.

I am in a same situation as enigma - any suggestion for installer.

And a very naive question - if I follow your process, my phone will still be unlocked ???

Iphone challenged

Sorry it took me so long to post the next steps guys!! But here you go

1.) After iTunes puts your phone to 1.1.1, it might give you an error (1015). If it does, then you need iBrickr. You can get iBrickr at www.iBrickr.com

After downloading iBrickr, Make sure your phone is connected to iTunes still. Open up iBrickr select "Boot my iPhone". Your screen should turn red. Red = Good !!

(If it does not give you and error (1015), then that is ok too )

2.) Next, after you are at the Activation Screen, slide the slider and type this on your dial pad: *#307#

3.) Your phone will start calling itself! Now, next to the numbers you just dialed, hit the "X" button to the right of the numbers until all of the numbers are gone.

4.) Then press "Hold", once again, your phone will start ringing again, and you will see the # "1" at the top.

5.) Then hit "Answer", once again, your phone will start ringing.

5.) This time hit "Decline"!!!

So it goes in this order: *#307#
    "X" all of the numbers
    Hold
    Answer
    Decline

6.) Now you are in your phones Contacts. Now click the "+" button in the top hand corner.

7.) Next go down until you see new url. Select new url and type this in: prefs:/1F Then hit save!

8.) Next go add another new url. This time, type this in: www.jailbreakme.com Then hit save! Then hit Save againg!

9.) Now click on the first url you created which is: prefs:/1F

10.) Now that will take you to your phone settings. You Need To Connect To Your WiFi!! After you are connected to your WiFi, hit the only button your iphone lol. (This will take you back to the Activation screen)

11.) Now slide the slider and dial "0". The phone will call itself and hit the "Answer" button. The phone will start ringing again, and hit "Decline". You are now back in your contacts. Now hit select the second url you created which is "www.jailbreakme.com". This whill take you to your internet browser.

12.) Let the page load and once it is done, scroll down to the very bottom and select "Install AppSnapp".

13.) Your phone should go back to the Activation Screen by itself and then it will Restart the whole phone by itself. After it restarts, you are now Jailbroken!!!!!

14.) On your homescreen, you will now see a icon that says "Installer". Click on it and make sure you are still connected to WiFi. THE SOURCES WILL REFRESH ONCE YOU CLICK ON INSTALLER. AFTER IT IS DONE REFRESHING, YOU HAVE TO INSTALL BSD SUBSYSTEM FIRST!!!! AFTER BSD SUBSYSTEM IS DONE INSTALLING, GO TO THE "ALL PACKAGES" FOLDER AND INSTALL ANYSIM!!!

(IF ANYSIM IS NOT THERE, GO TO THE TAB AT THE BOTTOM THAT SAYS "SOURCES". tAP "EDIT" & THEN CLICK "ADD". A POP UP WINDOW WILL POP UP AND TYPE THIS IN: HTTP://i.unlock.no
    After typing that in, tap "ADD"!!)

15.) After you install AnySim, hit the only button on your phone again lol. YOUR PHONE WILL TAKE YOU BACK TO THE "SLIDE TO UNLOCK" SCREEN. After you you slide your slider, you will Anysim on your homescreen now.

16.) BEFORE YOU CLICK ON ANYSIM, YOU MUST GO TO YOUR PHONES SETTINGS AND CLICK ON "GENERAL" , THEN "AUTOLOCK", THEN SELECT "NEVER".

17.) Now go to anysim and the instructions are in the anysim

18.) After running anysim it will say "Unlock Successful" at the end!!!

It may take a couple of minutes for your phone to get signal, But it will!!

Well here you go guys. I hope all of this helped!!

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask. And yes, I will respond a lot faster this time lol

God Bless!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dlubbat For This Useful Post:

usetobe (2008-01-24)

iPhone? More like MyPhone aglitch's Avatar
    Thanks

after step 3 you need to press zero and hit call. THEN you will be able to answer, decline, etc...

Will this get all of my stuff back (contacts, pics, music, etc)? I lost everything and wondering if I can undo this, or if I do the steps after iTunes puts it to 1.1.1 will get all my stuff back?

Let me know ASAP

Thanks!

Hi, I have also firmware 1.0.2 and unlocked by anysim but I want to update it to 1.1.2 in order to receive automated meesages since 1.1.1 can't.

But the first step is to install virginizer I didn't install why, what is the benefits of it.

Anybody?

Is there a way to get all of my old stuff back from when I had 1.0.2 if I haven't fully completed the upgrade yet? Or am I back to square 1 with contacts, bookmarks, apps, and everything else?

When you update or restore your iphone everything will be deleted. They are gone sorry man.

I have a 1.0.2 iPhone that has not been jailbroken or unlocked. I've just added some customized ringtones, that's it. My question: What is the best way to upgrade to 1.1.1 so I can jailbreak my phone and then go to 1.1.2. (I'm not about to go to 1.1.3 yet)
    Do you have to do a Shift+restore? Or will a Shift+update work too? Do you still have to go through all these steps since my phone has never been jailbroken or unlocked? I have both the 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 restore files. Are there any known problems with doing this type of upgrade?
    Thanks

hey dlubbat ...i did your setup and it worked great, now my problem is that when i tried to connect to my iphone using winscp it asks for password and i type dottie but it says incorrect password now what????
    Last edited by usetobe; 2008-01-24 at 05:08 AM. Reason: added to who

since you updated it, the password changes as well, try alpine instead of dottie, it should work........

if it does can you thank me by hitting the thank you button

Well developing,
    I am going to assume that you have installer.app installed on ur phone, If not install it from ibrickr.Next add the source http://i.unlock.no/
    let installer refresh, after which you will have a category called unlocking tools.Inside you will find something called the virginizer download it and follow the instructions.
    NEXT,put your Iphone in DFU mode and restore to a 1.1.1 firmware from itunes.Here is a URL
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....a_Restore.ipsw
    Then Follow this guide
    http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php...out_of_the_box
    Then This
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Unl..._iPhone_anySIM
    Then if u want to upgrade to 1.1.2 follow this(Not recommend)
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Unl..._%28Upgrade%29
    I hopethis helped u
    feel free to pm me for any further inquires..

Today I have Activate an iPhone upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1. After the activation I open installer but BSD Subsystem are MISSING. Do you know anything about. Tanks