Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Now that 1.1.3 is out how do you update to 1.1.2?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Now that 1.1.3 is out how do you update to 1.1.2?
    I have a similar post but there was a mistype so I wanted to clear up my issues.

I have a 1.1.2 oob 4.6 bootloader phone

I HAD the phone jailbroken and working with turbosim just fine, but I was looking for an anysim solution. For whatever reason I tried to run anysim for the 1.1.2 phone and it crashed (big surprise I know). Long story short I got the endless apple screen with the loading circle so I could do nothing else but a restore. Here are the steps I took:

Keep in mind 1.1.3 is out today

1. Downgraded to 1.1.1
    2. Used jailbreakme.com method to get installer.app
    3. Installed oktoprep
    4. download iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore
    5. Shift+Clicked the "update" button in iTunes and pointed it to the iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore file
    6. iTunes gave me an update error (1611)

Essentially the problem I think I am having is that this is a restore file, not the update file. I can't do the restore because oktoprep will be erased and the phone will be locked again (I will solve one problem but open up another). Is there a way to download the firmware 1.1.2 file that is NOT a restore file? I don;t really know if there is even a difference, but I assume there is otherwise why would it be called restore? Every place I look just spits me a link to iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore but nothing else. I even tried to chance the name to iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b (in case that would help for any odd reason) but it did nothing.

Unfortunately I am stuck but THINK I can get out of it if I just had the 1.1.2 firmware UPDATE file. If you have this or know where I could get it I would be GREATLY appreciative!

Thanks

Good question. Something I would like to find out more about as well. I figure since 1.1.3 is so new, some intrepid hacker will eventually come up with a method. Only a matter of time... I hope.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to echo For This Useful Post:

b-ballstyle (2008-01-17)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hi, I updated 3 Iphones today to 1.1.2 using the shift+click update method and point the iphone1,1.1.2 ipsf I downloaded here and work fine for me.

maybe try to restore to 1.1.1 and update it back again using the shift+click update.

Hope this help.

Carrier: Tmobile
    Apple iPhone 8gb : FW 1.1.2 Unlocked
    EDGE: $5.99 Tzones Plan
    Email: YES
    SAFARI: YES
    MAP: YES
    YouTube: YES
    WEATHER: YES
    STOCKS: YES

You can just stay on 1.1.1 until there is a new method strait to 1.1.3.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

and just to confirm, you have the correct file. All firmware files end with _restore

Hey guys,

Not sure whether I should add a new Post for it but Apple appears to have scrambled ipsw downloads. File sizes appear to small and differ with every download when using the links for the 1.1.2 ipsw downloads.....they range from 560kb to 20mb and have names like ndlphook.ipsw, 30qxymgg.ipsw and more jibberish like that. When changing the extension to zip and trying to expand the files using Stuffit, Stuffit can't complete the expansion....

Need a copy though, you guys know where to find/ftp the correct one, and if not at least tell me what the correct name and filesize is for the 1.1.2 restore/update file ?

I would appreciate one emailed to me using www.yousendit.com tremendously as well.

Thanks in advance,

Flybeug

[email protected]
    Keep the greasy side up.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakko View Post
    Hi, I updated 3 Iphones today to 1.1.2 using the shift+click update method and point the iphone1,1.1.2 ipsf I downloaded here and work fine for me.

maybe try to restore to 1.1.1 and update it back again using the shift+click update.

Hope this help.
    Hi Dakko,

Were you using iTunes 7.5 or 7.6, and does it even matter?

thanks,
    e

Quote Originally Posted by Flybeug View Post
    Hey guys,

Not sure whether I should add a new Post for it but Apple appears to have scrambled ipsw downloads. File sizes appear to small and differ with every download when using the links for the 1.1.2 ipsw downloads.....they range from 560kb to 20mb and have names like ndlphook.ipsw, 30qxymgg.ipsw and more jibberish like that. When changing the extension to zip and trying to expand the files using Stuffit, Stuffit can't complete the expansion....

Need a copy though, you guys know where to find/ftp the correct one, and if not at least tell me what the correct name and filesize is for the 1.1.2 restore/update file ?

I would appreciate one emailed to me using www.yousendit.com tremendously as well.

Thanks in advance,

Flybeug

[email protected]

The 1.1.2 file is 160.1MB and is called iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw If the one you DL'ed doesn't work, send me a message and I'll send you mine.

cheers,
    e
    Last edited by echo; 2008-01-16 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

this thread confused me a bit. so I have 1.1.2 and tried jailbreaking today for apps (not to unlock the phone, I still want to use my SIM/at&t). one of the final steps before running jailbreak on the computer, is to update to 1.1.2 through itunes. but now, 1.1.3 is the update. I tried hitting option+update and pointed to my 1.1.2 restore file. but, it restored my iphone, even though I did not hit the restore button.

so, is there a 1.1.2 file I can download and use as an UPDATE file, that is NOT a restore file?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agnespie View Post
    this thread confused me a bit. so I have 1.1.2 and tried jailbreaking today for apps (not to unlock the phone, I still want to use my SIM/at&t). one of the final steps before running jailbreak on the computer, is to update to 1.1.2 through itunes. but now, 1.1.3 is the update. I tried hitting option+update and pointed to my 1.1.2 restore file. but, it restored my iphone, even though I did not hit the restore button.

so, is there a 1.1.2 file I can download and use as an UPDATE file, that is NOT a restore file?
    So does this mean your phone was not jailbroken after the update/restore? Are you on iTunes 7.5 or 7.6?

Also, Dakko mentioned he used the shift+click method. I'm not sure if that's a typo and he meant option+click, or to upgrade is indeed shift+click, and option+click is for restore?

Now, I'm getting confused as well. Hell, I'm happy with 1.1.1 right now and may just take Yowiphone's advice and just wait for 1.1.1 straight to 1.1.3.
    Last edited by echo; 2008-01-16 at 10:01 PM.

I have 7.6.

I was almost done with the jailbreak. I had OktoPrep downloaded on my iphone and everything. but then in Itunes, tutortial said to update to 1.1.2 (obviously cannot since it says update to 1.1.3 in Itunes), so I did hit option+update and pointed to my 1.1.2 restore. it wiped out all my jailbreak download and I just went back to regular plain 1.1.2, back to square 1 basically. I'm not sure at all if shift+update+point to 1.1.2 restore would have made a difference. it seems like they are just restore files, hence the filename saying restore. I don't know if I want to go through the entire process again and try hitting shift+update instead of option+update.

I went on google. apparently shift is for PC and option is for Macs. so I indeed did option+update on my mac. I highly doubt shift would do anything.

I have 7.6.

I was almost done with the jailbreak. I had OktoPrep downloaded on my iphone and everything. but then in Itunes, tutortial said to update to 1.1.2 (obviously cannot since it says update to 1.1.3 in Itunes), so I did hit option+update and pointed to my 1.1.2 restore. it wiped out all my jailbreak download and I just went back to regular plain 1.1.2, back to square 1 basically. I'm not sure at all if shift+update+point to 1.1.2 restore would have made a difference. it seems like they are just restore files, hence the filename saying restore. I don't know if I want to go through the entire process again and try hitting shift+update instead of option+update.
    I had that same issue and I'm also using iTunes 7.6. However, I let iTunes activate my phone again which when I did the jailbreak using the .jar file, it took me back to square one. This happens if you don't click the eject button on iTunes. Basically at this point you want to downgrade back to 1.1.1 by getting the 1.1.1 firmware and clicking restore while either holding shift for windows or option for mac and starting the process over. Just make sure that once you click UPDATE again to update back to 1.1.2, once the process is completed, click EJECT in iTunes. If you don't do this, it will not jailbreak 1.1.2. (at least it didn't for me and I had to start over). Then run the jailbreak.jar file and let it complete the process. Once my phone rebooted, it was jailbroken with 1.1.2. Also, consider backing up your contacts by syncing it before you do the restore, otherwise you could loose em.

Here was the step by step instructions that I wrote this afternoon for anyone else who is confused. I tried it with a few friends who also had the same issue and it worked perfectly. I also updated the Wiki pages for anyone who is new and still has the 1.1.1 firmware.

As of today I was still running the 1.1.1 update for my iPhone. I wanted to update to 1.1.2 now that 1.1.3 was out and was just going to wait until the new update was jailbroken before I updated to 1.1.3.

1. Make sure you have the 1.1.1 firmware.
    2. Make sure it has been jailbroken. Visit: www.jailbreakme.com from your Iphone and follow the on screen instructions.
    3. Once the iPhone has restarted, open up the newly created Installer.app from your dashboard.
    4. Click Install, go to Tweaks 1.1.1 and install the OktoPrep.
    5. Download the 1.1.2 jailbreak software. Were going to need it in a bit: Click Here
    5. Open up ITunes and download the 1.1.2 Firmware Here
    6. Connect your iPhone and hold shift for windows users or option for mac users and click update.
    7. Navigate to the downloaded 1.1.2 firmware file and click ok.
    8. Let the iPhone reboot itself and when you see the Activate iPhone Connect to iTunes message, immediately click the eject button in iTunes. Failure to click eject resulted in me starting the process all over again.
    9. Open up the jailbreak.jar file in the jailbreak 1.1.2 software we downloaded earlier.
    10. Enable shell access if you want but click the jailbreak button. The software will go through a few steps and when your finished you should have a jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone.

These are the exact steps I ran this afternoon and it worked perfectly. I never received any iTunes error.

Wiki Page for Jailbreaking 1.1.1 and upgrading to 1.1.2

Hope this helps, good luck!
    Last edited by tux2k47; 2008-01-17 at 04:52 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tux2k47 For This Useful Post:

echo (2008-01-17)

edit: nevermind.

I'm trying what you said. but I freaked out and ejected too early. going through process again.
    Last edited by agnespie; 2008-01-17 at 07:12 AM.

Thanks

tux2k47,

Thanked for your comprehensive guide. Its much appreciated and clears up my confusion. I'm going to hang onto 1.1.1 as I'm heading to S.E. Asia for 3 months and don't want to bother with iWorld and 1.1.2. 1.1.1 has been stable and works well with all my 3rd party apps.

cheers,
    e

anyone else try tux2k47's guide?

I downgraded 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 and everything. OktoPrep, etc etc etc.

then it was time to option+UPDATE with the 1.1.2 restore file.

updated.

then quicky reboot and it was briefly on the emergency call screen with the connect to itunes image. I thought I ejected at the right time. I guess not. my phone activated and the installer icon (the jailbreak I downloaded) was gone. I tried using the jailbreaker.jar file anyway, but when my iphone reboot, it just left me on the screen with the mage of connecting the phone to itunes. then itunes said it detected my phone was in recovery mode.
    so I gave up and just restored back to 1.1.2 and I am back at square 1 again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

sorry been away from my computer for awhile.

I just did the SHIFT+CLICK UPDATE and browse 1.1.2 ipsw, I am on windows so there is no option+Update for me.

Downloaded the 1.1.2 from here

Carrier: Tmobile
    Apple iPhone 8gb : FW 1.1.2 Unlocked
    EDGE: $5.99 Tzones Plan
    Email: YES
    SAFARI: YES
    MAP: YES
    YouTube: YES
    WEATHER: YES
    STOCKS: YES

the problem is the following. when itunes recognized that the 1.1.3 is available, you cannot update your iphone with the 1.1.2 restore file. its not possible. so my question is.......how can i tell itunes, that 1.1.3 isnīt available. it must be a file in itunes where the 1.1.3 info is written.

the problem is the following. when itunes recognized that the 1.1.3 is available, you cannot update your iphone with the 1.1.2 restore file. its not possible. so my question is.......how can i tell itunes, that 1.1.3 isnīt available. it must be a file in itunes where the 1.1.3 info is written.

Quote Originally Posted by dakko View Post
    sorry been away from my computer for awhile.

I just did the SHIFT+CLICK UPDATE and browse 1.1.2 ipsw, I am on windows so there is no option+Update for me.

Downloaded the 1.1.2 from here

I am on a mac, I have to hit OPTION + update to be able to manually pick the 1.1.2 file saved on my computer.

Thanks

I am on a mac, I have to hit OPTION + update to be able to manually pick the 1.1.2 file saved on my computer.
    So were you able to update using the 1.1.2 restore file?

thanks,
    e

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast