Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Now that 1.1.3 is out how do you update to 1.1.2?

Quote Originally Posted by echo View Post
    So were you able to update using the 1.1.2 restore file?

thanks,
    e

no. after it said it updated 1.1.2, I tried ejecting when the emergency/connect to itunes screen came up (that image came up and NOT the image with the globe/emergency call). but it ended up activating SIM and I saw that the jailbreak install app icon was deleted. I then tried running jailbreak.jar on the computer anyway, but when my iphone reboot, it just went to the still screen of having to connect the iphone to Itunes (no globe, no emergency call option), and then a display came up in itunes saying my phone was in recovery mode and had to be restored. so then I just hit option+restore and went back to 1.1.2.

I don't understand how tux2k47's tutortial works.. the part about ejecting. I haven't seen anyone else write that it works for them.

tux2k47, when you bought your ipod, was it with 1.1.1 or 1.1.2? I wonder if it makes a difference if someone bought 1.1.1 and THEN updated to 1.1.2 VS someone who bought the iphone with 1.1.2.

I bought mine with 1.1.2 and have never tried to jailbreak it til yesterday (and too bad 1.1.3 update came up, so I cant complete the "1.1.2 update" step at the end to activate).
    Last edited by agnespie; 2008-01-17 at 11:19 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agnespie View Post
    I bought mine with 1.1.2 and have never tried to jailbreak it til yesterday (and too bad 1.1.3 update came up, so I cant complete the "1.1.2 update" step at the end to activate).
    From reading tux2k47's post, sounds like he was on 1.1.1 already and then updated. Also dakko seemed to have success upgrading 3 iphones to 1.1.2, post 1.1.3 release.

One thought did come to mind, maybe the updates were done before their iTunes recognised that 1.1.3 is the latest update, although after re-reading their post, it seems unlikely? Oh well, i guess I'll wait until 1.1.3 Jailbreak is possible, and then I'm sure there'll be a method soon after.

thanks,
    e
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

From reading tux2k47's post, sounds like he was on 1.1.1 already and then updated. Also dakko seemed to have success upgrading 3 iphones to 1.1.2, post 1.1.3 release.

One thought did come to mind, maybe the updates were done before their iTunes recognised that 1.1.3 is the latest update, although after re-reading their post, it seems unlikely? Oh well, i guess I'll wait until 1.1.3 Jailbreak is possible, and then I'm sure there'll be a method soon after.

thanks,
    e
    No, Update is already there on my itunes for 1.1.3 as a matter of fact I am updating another iphone to 1.1.2 again since I have to restore it. Basically you are doing the downgrading step BUT instead of RESTORE button you are clicking the UPDATE button so the oktoprep would not be erase. All you need is the iphone 1.1.2.ipsw that you can download here and instead of using shift+restore **on windows or i guess option+restore on mac** you will need to use the shift+UPDATE then look for the 1.1.2 ipsw that you just downloaded.

And your iphone will start UPDATING to 1.1.2, I didnt download 1.1.3 fw on my itunes yet and I am using 7.5 on itunes.

So were you able to update using the 1.1.2 restore file?

thanks,
    e

YES, Updating to 1.1.2 using the iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_restore file.

Just use the SHIFT+UPDATE for windows or OPTION+UPDATE for mac, then browse to your 1.1.2 ipsw and your good to go.
    Last edited by dakko; 2008-01-18 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Carrier: Tmobile
    Apple iPhone 8gb : FW 1.1.2 Unlocked
    EDGE: $5.99 Tzones Plan
    Email: YES
    SAFARI: YES
    MAP: YES
    YouTube: YES
    WEATHER: YES
    STOCKS: YES

iPhone? More like MyPhone aglitch's Avatar
    Thanks

no. after it said it updated 1.1.2, I tried ejecting when the emergency/connect to itunes screen came up (that image came up and NOT the image with the globe/emergency call). but it ended up activating SIM and I saw that the jailbreak install app icon was deleted. I then tried running jailbreak.jar on the computer anyway, but when my iphone reboot, it just went to the still screen of having to connect the iphone to Itunes (no globe, no emergency call option), and then a display came up in itunes saying my phone was in recovery mode and had to be restored. so then I just hit option+restore and went back to 1.1.2.

I don't understand how tux2k47's tutortial works.. the part about ejecting. I haven't seen anyone else write that it works for them.

tux2k47, when you bought your ipod, was it with 1.1.1 or 1.1.2? I wonder if it makes a difference if someone bought 1.1.1 and THEN updated to 1.1.2 VS someone who bought the iphone with 1.1.2.

try all of the steps youve been doing up until now again. i mean the downgrade, oktoprep, option+update, etc... but do it without your sim card in there. then when it finishes updating it should just say no sim and will be stuck at emergency screen. close itunes, run jailbreak.jar and then insert your sim. see if that works.

if after the update its stays stuck in recovery, run jailbreak.jar and hit the boot the phone button. then run jailbreak.jar again. Good Luck!
    Remember, dont insert your sim until your phone has been activated/jailbroken.

Quote Originally Posted by dakko View Post
    No, Update is already there on my itunes for 1.1.3 as a matter of fact I am updating another iphone to 1.1.2 again since I have to restore it. Basically you are doing the downgrading step BUT instead of RESTORE button you are clicking the UPDATE button so the oktoprep would not be erase. All you need is the iphone 1.1.2.ipsw that you can download here and instead of using shift+restore **on windows or i guess option+restore on mac** you will need to use the shift+UPDATE then look for the 1.1.2 ipsw that you just downloaded.

And your iphone will start UPDATING to 1.1.2, I didnt download 1.1.3 fw on my itunes yet and I am using 7.5 on itunes.

Just use the SHIFT+UPDATE for windows or OPTION+UPDATE for mac, then browse to your 1.1.2 ipsw and your good to go.
    I did hit option+update and pointed to 1.1.2 file and it gave me the update screen process.then that popup came out that dismisses in X amount of seconds. I dont understand the ejection timing I guess. describe specifically what should be on my iPhone screen please.

and I'm using iTunes 7.6. should I use 7.5?

Quote Originally Posted by dakko View Post

I did hit option+update and pointed to 1.1.2 file and it gave me the update screen process.then that popup came out that dismisses in X amount of seconds. I dont understand the ejection timing I guess. describe specifically what should be on my iPhone screen please.

Last edited by agnespie; 2008-01-18 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

agnespie,

When you do the update is your SIM in the phone? Aglitch might have a point there about the SIM being inside the phone when you are trying to upgrade to 1.1.2. Also, I don't think it matters what version of iTunes you are using.

Dakko,

When you upgraded all those phones did you leave the SIM in or take it out?

cheers,
    e
    Last edited by echo; 2008-01-18 at 04:10 AM.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

Thanks

agnespie,

When you do the update is your SIM in the phone? Aglitch might have a point there about the SIM being inside the phone when you are trying to upgrade to 1.1.2. Also, I don't think it matters what version of iTunes you are using.

Dakko,

When you upgraded all those phones did you leave the SIM in or take it out?

cheers,
    e

Yes, my t-mobile SIM card is there at all time. Didnt remove it all.

Ok, Here is the process I did AFTER installing OKTOPREP from fw 1.1.1 and ready to UPDATE to 1.1.2 I never remove my sim card at all I left it there the entire time during the restoring/updating process.

After the OKTOPREP I am ready to update to 1.1.2, Since there is a 1.1.3 available for update I DIDN'T PRESS UPDATE button directly instead I use SHIFT+UPDATE **press and hold SHIFT on your keyboard then click update on itunes** to enable browsing for file you wish to use to udpate. look for the iphone 1.1.2 ipsw restore image that you can download here is good enough to use it to update your iphone to 1.1.2. Itunes will extract it then you will see PREPARING YOUR IPHONE FOR UPDATE. Once it's done your iphone will reboot then you can go ahead and use the 1.1.2 jailbreak.jar

Those are tested working, I updated like 7 iphones already to 1.1.2 since the 1.1.3 release and never had problem with it.

I am using windows and on itunes 7.5

when the popup came out, does it say your iphone will reboot? If it did, then your iphone is updated to 1.1.2 and you can start running 1.1.2 jailbreak.jar if you installed the oktoprep from 1.1.1

Thanks

when the popup came out, does it say your iphone will reboot? If it did, then your iphone is updated to 1.1.2 and you can start running 1.1.2 jailbreak.jar if you installed the oktoprep from 1.1.1

Hum, try this:

Right after the update of 1.1.2 from iTunes and when it states that the iPhone is being rebooted and what not, close completely out of iTunes, and run jailbreak.jar. See if that works.

EDIT: I redid the whole process on my phone testing this method, (closing out of iTunes immediately after the 1.1.2 update finished) and it worked successfully.
    Last edited by tux2k47; 2008-01-18 at 07:14 AM.

I think I got it to work! thanks aglitch for recommending hitting the boot from recovery in jailbreak.jar.

so I ejected and quit itunes when 1.1.2 installed.
    when it reboot the installer icon was gone again. but I did not panic. I thought maybe that was supposed to happen since I updated to 1.1.2.
    I then ran jailbreak.jar + SSH
    then when it reboot it said the phone had to be restored in order to work.
    then I opened jailbreak.jar AGAIN and hit 'boot from recovery,' it's been rebooting for QUITE some time now. it seems like forever. hasnt stopped yet. during it it reboot, and now I see the install icon again, the SSH icon again (which I have never seen before in my attempts), and but phone is activated.

so basically, I'm now waiting for jailbreak.jar to finish on my computer. the status bar seems like it's kind of sitting there, it must have been 10 minutes already. it looks like its at 65-70%. should I hit cancel? or is it gonna reboot some more?

edit: I think jailbreak.jar file stopped running? the pop-up status bar seems to have disappeared. I click jailbreak icon in my dock, and no window has popped forward. so I think it's done?

edit: SUCCESS.
    thanks for the tutorial and helping me with my update-to-1.1.2 issues.
    Last edited by agnespie; 2008-01-18 at 10:32 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12