Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Downgrading Tutorial

more info on 1.1.3 being jailbroken:

http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2008/01/1...sed-to-public/
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Found the same thing on iphoneatlas.com. Can't wait for it to come out. The regular 1.1.3 firmware and its apps are boring.

lalp

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

A full guide for downgrading 1.1.3 to 1.1.2 has been posted
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    A full guide for downgrading 1.1.3 to 1.1.2 has been posted
    I honestly don't see the guide? Can you please link it?

Thanks

I honestly don't see the guide? Can you please link it?
    Haha are you ready to feel stupid? It's this same thread. I edited the first post. Ahhh there it is... the feeling of... I KNEW THATTT
    For Help

GUIDES:

aenema6x
    Thanks, this'll help a lot. Now I just have to wait for a open ap signal to float my way again... too bad I can't boost my iPhone wifi the way I boosted my laptop. I think an iphone would look kinda goofy sitting in a wok just to get a signal.

Thanks

hahaha. well best of luck
    For Help

GUIDES:

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

what happens if you have bootloader 4.6?

Default iphone dev teams`
    hahaha. well best of luck
    Hey man, I've been reading, or trying to read, these posts to get some history on all this. First, great work and thanks! I'm screwed, I upgraded my week 50 1.1.2 to 1.1.3, on purpose. What the hell, I'll wait for the next iteration.

Anyway, why do you think the 2 teams are so quiet. What I've read indicates you were a part of the original team.

My take is that this secrecy is BS. I don't like when folks think they know what's best for others. I prefer to pay those guys/gals for an unlock, keep it real.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hey man, I've been reading, or trying to read, these posts to get some history on all this. First, great work and thanks! I'm screwed, I upgraded my week 50 1.1.2 to 1.1.3, on purpose. What the hell, I'll wait for the next iteration.

Anyway, why do you think the 2 teams are so quiet. What I've read indicates you were a part of the original team.

My take is that this secrecy is BS. I don't like when folks think they know what's best for others. I prefer to pay those guys/gals for an unlock, keep it real.

Any thoughts?
    I was actually never a part of the Dev Team though I hope to be some day... I don't have the know how by any means ATM. The secrecy is simply so they will have a jailbreaking method when the SDK is released. Even if they are selling it, an Apple person is going to dish out 20 bucks or whatever to get it and then we're f-ed when it comes to the SDK. I think its a good idea though I hope I can get my hands on it Who knows what will happen...keeping a secret isnt easy on the inter-webs.
    For Help

GUIDES:

Quote Originally Posted by lillewis51 View Post
    what happens if you have bootloader 4.6?
    Don not upgrade. I hope someone who is a better authprity on this issue replies to or you can read the posts.

If you have 1.1.2 with bl4.6 hang in there. It has been jailbroken. But it is hardware. A software jailbreak should drop soon. Reports have it that a dev team will do so after the apple skd **** is released.

You will be able to downgrade the bl allowing a jailbreak then, hopefully, an unlock.

Just sit tight and comtinue reading.

(can't quote your quote) Sidetalker, Thanks for the thoughts. However, I disagree with the logic of keeping the jailbreak a secret. Who cares about the sdk and the crap we'll have to pay for. I assume you mean apple can modify the sdk to mess with the jailbreak BUT by them it will be too late. The community has written better apps than an offcial dev will. Is apple going to approve a "make it mine" app (e. sadun). Nope. I think they should pul folks like you into the fold. Many of us get the impression that there are other reasons that they are keeping it a secret. If they jailbreak is realised after the sdk apple can still react...its the chicken or the egg ****.

By the way, create your own team...lead, don't follow. We have two teams, the dev team and the elite team...crazy.

Either lead, follow or get out of the way.

I was actually never a part of the Dev Team though I hope to be some day... I don't have the know how by any means ATM. The secrecy is simply so they will have a jailbreaking method when the SDK is released. Even if they are selling it, an Apple person is going to dish out 20 bucks or whatever to get it and then we're f-ed when it comes to the SDK. I think its a good idea though I hope I can get my hands on it Who knows what will happen...keeping a secret isnt easy on the inter-webs.
    Sidetalker, Thanks for the thoughts. However, I disagree with the logic of keeping the jailbreak a secret. Who cares about the sdk and the crap we'll have to pay for. I assume you mean apple can modify the sdk to mess with the jailbreak BUT by them it will be too late. The community has written better apps than an offcial dev will. Is apple going to approve a "make it mine" app (e. sadun). Nope. I think they should pul folks like you into the fold. Many of us get the impression that there are other reasons that they are keeping it a secret. If they jailbreak is realised after the sdk apple can still react...its the chicken or the egg ****.

By the way, create your own team...lead, don't follow. We have two teams, the dev team and the elite team...crazy.

Last edited by ajaikarran; 2008-01-20 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I just wish they would release the jailbreak!

Default ipsf
    By the way, what do ya'll think about the ipsf people? Will the continue to be leaches and sell the work of the community? Or, and this is wild speculation, are the dev teams plannig on make $$ by working with people like the ipsf type? I still think there's more to why they are not releasing the jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

it kind of freaks me out a little, itunes is still reading my iphone as untitled playlist... does anyone know how to fix this?

I have 1 really mess up iphone on wifi, 0049000xxxx IMEI, no Bluetooth. I have tried all over the web to virgizine and fixed the seczone but no help at all. I have read that if you upgrade it to 1.1.3 firmware. The 1.1.3 firmware might fix all the problems. How can upgrade the firmware to 1.1.3 the bootloader still stay at 3.9? They say after you upgrade to 1.1.3 the bootloader will also up to 4.6. Can you tell me how to do it. Sorry for the silly question. Thank you

Thanks

Sidetalker, Thanks for the thoughts. However, I disagree with the logic of keeping the jailbreak a secret. Who cares about the sdk and the crap we'll have to pay for. I assume you mean apple can modify the sdk to mess with the jailbreak BUT by them it will be too late. The community has written better apps than an offcial dev will. Is apple going to approve a "make it mine" app (e. sadun). Nope. I think they should pul folks like you into the fold. Many of us get the impression that there are other reasons that they are keeping it a secret. If they jailbreak is realised after the sdk apple can still react...its the chicken or the egg ****.

I agree that Apple will patch it and that Apple won't be allowing many of the amazing apps we have seen. However better apps are most certainly coming and apps like Make it Mine will see greatly improved functionality (real word?) and UI improvements as well. The SDK is going to take 3rd party apps to a whole new level be they Apple approved or not. By waiting till the SDK to release it, we will have at least a few weeks with a jailbreaking method and amazing apps... I'm not sure I agree with it either but we don't have much of a choice until it is leaked. The only other reason I've heard for it not being released is its quite complex... What have you heard? Also, I have been considering dropping some of my workload (working quite a few hours at a horrible pizza guy job...) and getting a nice part time at circuit city or something... Without doing something like that I would have no time to devote to learning to program for the iPhone and really getting to know and write programs that can access it. I would really love to do this but it will take quite a bit of change in my life.

it kind of freaks me out a little, itunes is still reading my iphone as untitled playlist... does anyone know how to fix this?
    I just clicked on it in iTunes and then clicked on it again after it was selected to edit the name.

I have 1 really mess up iphone on wifi, 0049000xxxx IMEI, no Bluetooth. I have tried all over the web to virgizine and fixed the seczone but no help at all. I have read that if you upgrade it to 1.1.3 firmware. The 1.1.3 firmware might fix all the problems. How can upgrade the firmware to 1.1.3 the bootloader still stay at 3.9? They say after you upgrade to 1.1.3 the bootloader will also up to 4.6. Can you tell me how to do it. Sorry for the silly question. Thank you
    The bootloader won't upgrade Just go ahead and upgrade to 1.1.3 through iTunes.

What is goin on here?

For Help

GUIDES:

Sidetalker, thanks for taking the time to make the guide. Great Work!!! I did have a few questions/comments about it though.

1. Are you sure this will not work with bl 4.6? What does the upgrade to 1.1.3 do differently to 4.6 than 3.9? I can jailbreak a 4.6 phone (just not unlock it) Seems to me that after using the baseband downgrader on a OTB 1.1.2 the sim card would work again (proper carrier of course)

2. I went strait to oktoprep after baseband downgrader, no second restore. The phone is working just like it was before updating. Do you think the restore after downgrading bb is necessary or is that one of those "just in case" steps?

3. Also ibricker kicked the phone out the first time, didn't need to update 1.1.1 to 1.1.1 (i'm on bl 3.9)

So basically the only things I did different from the normal jailbreak is use ibrickr to get into DFU before restore to 1.1.1, install BSD, and installed baseband downgrader.

Thanks

1. Are you sure this will not work with bl 4.6? What does the upgrade to 1.1.3 do differently to 4.6 than 3.9? I can jailbreak a 4.6 phone (just not unlock it) Seems to me that after using the baseband downgrader on a OTB 1.1.2 the sim card would work again (proper carrier of course)
    The problem occurs when downgrading the baseband. Currently no baseband can be downgraded with the 4.6 bootloader. You can downgrade the bootloader and then the baseband, but that involves opening the phone.

2. I went strait to oktoprep after baseband downgrader, no second restore. The phone is working just like it was before updating. Do you think the restore after downgrading bb is necessary or is that one of those "just in case" steps?
    It's a just in case

3. Also ibricker kicked the phone out the first time, didn't need to update 1.1.1 to 1.1.1 (i'm on bl 3.9)
    iBrickr works the first time about 25% of the time for me.
    For Help

GUIDES:

if I'm not mistaken I saw a iPhone with what looked like 1.1.3 firmware and installer.app on there somebody check this out on youtube just search it i think its 45 seconds long

Thanks

sidetalker can you tell me what you did to get the baseband downgrader to work...evry time i run it it says main script failed or something....what do i do.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast