Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Downgrading Tutorial

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by boostin4hp View Post
    .ipsw files are merely zip files, any zip program can extract whats compressed.
    if thats the case wont it be easy to downgrade the baseband?

Hey Sidetalker,

I followed your instructions, and some info off the net for downgrading 1.1.3 using Iphuc.

I am now back on my jailbroken 1.1.2 - but i have the message "please insert correct sim" and no service. I guess the upgrade to 1.1.3 left behind some files thats stops me using my old O2 contract rather than a new 02 Iphone contact.

I refuse to activate and renew my subscription so I am hoping someone can figure out how to remove the "correct sim message".

I have no mobile at the mo and its killing me!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ak406 View Post
    if thats the case wont it be easy to downgrade the baseband?
    i have no idea what to do lol i unziped the firmware file. I dont no where to look for it. But would it be possible for someone to add to installer a 1.1.3 virginizer? So the people that want to go back can get back to 1.1.1 jailbreak and virginize?

Oh by the way. I have an OTB 1.1.2 with a 4.6 bootloader.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

1. The Dev Team is hard at work trying to extract the secpack (you cant simply extract it i was kidding lol ) and theres a very slim chance someone will finish it before them

2. greg my "instructions" are simply me writing out what i have done. If you read you would see that it is impossible to virginize the 1.1.3 baseband and thusly is impossible to have service on any firmware other than 1.1.3 after upgrading.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

How did you manage to get service on your 1.1.3?? Have you activated through Itunes??

sorry for being lazy...but in this thread...can you downgrade from 1.1.3 to another firmware..i dont care if an incorrect sims card message pops up...but only if i can still actually use th iPhone excluding the phone, text, and so on???
    "BIG DEE" -08-

Green Apple
    Thanks

great job >>>>>>

sorry for being lazy for not reading it but can you downgrade 1.1.3 to another firmware???
    "BIG DEE" -08-

coudl some please aim me n help me!!!

aim : yoitscannon

Thanks

How did you manage to get service on your 1.1.3?? Have you activated through Itunes??
    yeah. im an ATT member and have never unlocked (as it states in my first post...)

sorry for being lazy...but in this thread...can you downgrade from 1.1.3 to another firmware..i dont care if an incorrect sims card message pops up...but only if i can still actually use th iPhone excluding the phone, text, and so on???
    Yeah its easy. You can even jailbreak on 1.1.1
    great job >>>>>>
    haha i havent done anything but risk my iphone's life

coudl some please aim me n help me!!!
    its currently impossible to jailbreak 1.1.3. please read. i ignored your PM.
    For Help

GUIDES:

ok so you can take the dreaded firmware 1.1.3 and downgrade it to another firmware such as 1.1.1
    "BIG DEE" -08-

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    1. The Dev Team is hard at work trying to extract the secpack (you cant simply extract it i was kidding lol ) and theres a very slim chance someone will finish it before them

2. greg my "instructions" are simply me writing out what i have done. If you read you would see that it is impossible to virginize the 1.1.3 baseband and thusly is impossible to have service on any firmware other than 1.1.3 after upgrading.

Ok I understand thanks. How far are they.

I havent unlocked either. I was using an alternative O2 sim card. It would be like you using an AT&T pay as you go sim...

Activating and unlocking are two different things.

Thanks

ok so you can take the dreaded firmware 1.1.3 and downgrade it to another firmware such as 1.1.1
    BUT you wont have phone or SMS

Ok I understand thanks. How far are they.
    I'm actually not sure, do a google or search the forums (ill do it when i get a minute) and get back to me if i havent already posted it...

I havent unlocked either. I was using an alternative O2 sim card. It would be like you using an AT&T pay as you go sim...

Activating and unlocking are two different things.
    sorry, im too accustomed to noob questions. yes i activated through itunes...
    For Help

GUIDES:

ok...so how do you do it???
    "BIG DEE" -08-

Thanks

ok...so how do you do it???
    Download the firmware file you want. Dont ask me how. Search the forums or google it. Put your iPhone in DFU mode...again dont ask how it takes about 2 seconds to find if you dont know how. Shift-click restore and navigate to the firmware file you downloaded. Double-click on it and the downgrade will begin. iTunes will give you an error. Open up iBrickr. Hit boot the phone. You screen will turn to a red background and your iPhone will boot up. Assuming you downgraded to 1.1.1, use the *#306# trick to get to jailbreakme.com and use it. You now have a Jailbroken 1.1.1 iPhone with a baseband too high for its version, impossible to fix, and rendering phone and SMS useless. Fun.
    For Help

GUIDES:

so, if i have a jailbroken iphone 1.1.2 I can freely upgrade to the 1.1.3 firmware?

all i'm going to loose are my third party apps and other neat little features?

my phone is not unlocked, i repeat, not unlocked. just jailbroken.

Quote Originally Posted by eflorence View Post
    so, if i have a jailbroken iphone 1.1.2 I can freely upgrade to the 1.1.3 firmware?

yes you will loose all 3rd party apps

Thanks

Yes SIR! However you will have to restore to 1.1.3 most likely... iTunes doesn't like to let jailbroken iPhones simply upgrade. You can try but a restore is better anyway
    For Help

GUIDES:

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast