Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Downgrading Tutorial

Yeah but his not on 1.1.3
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

wow thank you mods for the sticky. I will be back online testing this afternoon and hopefully will find a fix. I am currently on 1.1.3 and everything works (which I still can't believe after everything I did)
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    I am currently on 1.1.3 and everything works (which I still can't believe after everything I did)
    including calls in/out, sms in/out, EDGE, wifi, youtube?

Your steps are interesting, but there is nothing you can do as of right now to modify the baseband. Dont waste any time doing viriginize, downgrade etc. You don't have the right secpack so ierase *cannot* erase your baseband. If you want to try anything at all, you can try:
    1) Downgrade to 1.0.2, ibricker, install OKTOPREP, upgrade to 1.1.2, jailbreak.
    2) See if you can get service with valid SIM this way. If so, then this can be used as a viable downgrade option.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Can I just ask what your setup is? Are you on a legit AT&T activated iphone tarriff or just standard AT&T non-iphone tarriff?

I'm in the UK with an OTB 1.1.2 previously hacktivated - now an unactivated 1.1.3.

I guess what i am trying to do is:

A) Downgrade so i can re-activate using jailbreak and stay on 1.1.2

B) Downgrade re-activate using jailbreak, update to 1.1.3 hopefully carrying over my previous activation. - I do not want to extend my existing contract with O2.

I've tried downgrading on a mac with Itunes 7.6 with no luck. Will try your method with windows and ibricker.

[/I]
    Last edited by gregpreed; 2008-01-16 at 02:24 PM.

Thanks

Yeah big boss I realized that... I'm going to keep trying some different things regardless but thanks for pointing that out.

I have a 1.1.3 never unlocked, always jailbroken, 1.0.2 out of box iPhone...

And yes, youtube, edge, calls, SMS, etc all work right now.
    For Help

GUIDES:

ok so you are using 1.1.3 without activating through itunes?

I guess there might be a difference also with your result and OTB 1.1.2 phones, due to the different bootloader version? Gonna go home and try in a bit - should have brought my brick into work with me

so I assume u r on AT&T in the USA. Correct? Probably a different situation for all of us with 1.1.2 unlocked/jailbroken to work with other EU carriers...

Thanks

Yeah big boss I realized that... I'm going to keep trying some different things regardless but thanks for pointing that out.

And yes, youtube, edge, calls, SMS, etc all work right now.
    I upgraded from 1.1.2 jailbroke and never unlocked from original 1.0.2. everything works but i have no wifi and no bluetooth. . . . is there any reason why...just wondering

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    any way to downgrade the baseband? I have 1.1.1 jailbroken running from 1.1.3 how do i downgrade the baseband

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Can it be done? Obviously the old virginizer tools dont work.
    Last edited by ak406; 2008-01-16 at 10:45 PM.

Damn I just updated my OOB 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 but am unable to activate so I tried to do this to downgrade and get back on 1.1.2 but no matter what I do I can not get itunes to downgrade to any other firmware even when using ibrickr exactly as you explain.

When I booted I got to a weird screen with white text saying something like "kernel x000000" many times very fast, I ended up having to restore 1.1.3 again.

Hopefully I will figure out how to downgrade soon, if anyone has a suggestions please let me know.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Where can I find a copy of 1.1.2

Thanks

Ok guys its impossible to virginize the iPhone because we don't have the 1.1.3 secpack... You can downgrade and jailbreak but you will have the incorrect or missing SIM error and wont be able to make calls or receive texts
    For Help

GUIDES:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok guys its impossible to virginize the iPhone because we don't have the 1.1.3 secpack... You can downgrade and jailbreak but you will have the incorrect or missing SIM error and wont be able to make calls or receive texts
    so we need the secpack and im guessing that in order to get that you need access to the hard drive. Via ssh. So a jailbreak is needed.

Thanks

so we need the secpack and im guessing that in order to get that you need access to the hard drive. Via ssh. So a jailbreak is needed.
    You could decompile the .ipsw file. thats always fun!

I believe that's what we're going to have to live with but im trying some things out regardless...
    For Help

GUIDES:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So you dont think a jailbreak is possible on 1.1.3

If i wanted to decompile the ipsw file would that be dificult. Cause i need to get my iphone back on 1.1.2 lol im lost without my aps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So you dont think a jailbreak is possible on 1.1.3

If i wanted to decompile the ipsw file would that be difficult. Cause i need to get my iphone back on 1.1.2 lol im lost without my aps.

You could decompile the .ipsw file. thats always fun!

I believe that's what we're going to have to live with but im trying some things out regardless...
    .ipsw files are merely zip files, any zip program can extract whats compressed.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast