Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Downgrading Tutorial

im on the part where i use the devteam 1.1.2 jailbreak thing and i clicked boot from recovery mode and its loading but staying around 3/4 full of the bar and has been like that for 5 mins. is that supposed to be doing that or what am i doing wrong?

sorry for my newbness guys.. but i really need help.. I got to the part where.. well im at the point where its suppose to install app snap. or something.. n nothings happening.. or give me a call.. seeing that this is my only phone i really need this done asap.. and ive been with out a phone for 2 days already trying to get this thing to work. ive been losing sleep over this. lol.. sad as that may sound.. anyone help plz.
    Last edited by Yoitsduce; 2008-02-13 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    Or break my iPhone trying!!!!!!!

Hey does anyone know if anybody else is attempting this? I have only seen one guy, and he gave up
    I finally did it and was having issues at step 11 where after clicking the error message 1015 i try to boot my phone and it wouldnt work and when i finally did it wouldnt let me dial and call *#307# i found out that after u get the error in step 11 EJECT THE IPHONE AND CLOSE ITUNES BEFORE USING IBRICKER (IINDEPENDENCE ON MAC ) DONT JUST CLOSE ITUNES. EJECT IS THE MAIN WORD HERE !!! i was trying to for 2 days before i just figured it out .. lol i was about to give up just before i tried it and viola !!! it worked... now i unlocked my phone and will upgrade and let u guys know results.

step 11 EJECT THE IPHONE AND CLOSE ITUNES BEFORE USING IBRICKER (IINDEPENDENCE ON MAC ) TO BOOT THE PHONE!!! DONT JUST CLOSE ITUNES. EJECT IS THE MAIN WORD HERE !!!

step 11 EJECT THE IPHONE AND CLOSE ITUNES BEFORE USING IBRICKER (IINDEPENDENCE ON MAC ) TO BOOT THE PHONE!!! DONT JUST CLOSE ITUNES. EJECT IS THE MAIN WORD HERE !!!
    Last edited by hashishir; 2008-02-14 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey I was wondering if you can help me??? I am following your guide but ijust got up the the part where I do the baseband downgrade and it gives me a error massage, it says "main script execution failed" What should I do Im going crazy right now!!!!

Hey I was wondering if you can help me??? I am following your guide but ijust got up the the part where I do the baseband downgrade and it gives me a error massage, it says "main script execution failed" What should I do Im going crazy right now!!!!
    Last edited by juicyjackie213; 2008-02-18 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i didn't want to read through 300+ posts about such and such method to downgrade the baseband and that it didn't work, so i tried downgrading to 1.0.2 from 1.1.3 using iBrickr and i am now on an AT&T fully activatied iphone. i haven't upgraded to back to 1.1.2, so i will post again when i have.

on my friends iPhone, i had upgraded it to the jailbroken 1.1.3, but he, like most people missed customize and other apps that don't work on 1.1.3 yet, so i attempted to downgrade the iPhone back to 1.1.2 jailbroken. i first entered DFU mode, then downgraded to 1.1.1 twice. Then i used iBrickr to downgrade to 1.0.2. Then I upgraded to 1.1.1, then restored to 1.1.1. then i went to http://jailbreakme.com and jailbroke 1.1.1. then installed OkToPrep and upgraded to 1.1.2 and then jailbroke 1.1.2.
    After all that, I am sitting on a fully working, jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone with the phone, Edge, Wi-Fi, YouTube, and everything. there probably is a shorter way, but this way has worked on at my friends AT&T iPhone.
    Last edited by lightmaster; 2008-02-21 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lightmaster For This Useful Post:

centurionone (2008-03-02)

Default Please
    we seriously need a corect guide for the folks that stupidly upgraded to 1.1.3 and want to go back down to 1.1.1 and are getting stuck at step 18 what is next, what do i do. i am so stuck and so tired of trying this over and over lol gosh. need help. thanks. i am a customer of ATT and activated on iTunes and originally had 1.1.1 if this helps.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Sticky111... Step 18.5 has been added. Please do not be hating on my guide. That is all.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

EDIT

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37181

new way to get to 1.1.1 from 1.1.3

oh no, I'm sorry if I came off like that. LOL besides that post being at almost 4am I really do appreciate and praise you guys who take time to create guides and actually write back and update. You sidetalker and others who help people like me, we'd never even have the ability to downgrade and use sweet programs like ziphone. So thanks a million and I hope when I get home and outta class I can try this. By the way, written from my iPhone and love the new speed of the site- never did it before but can now =D

SideTalker, don't let go yet!

lol, all has not failed yet. if any user has not gone to 1.1.4 you are still in the clear. things still can work. if this guide helped people ot can still work.

as long as you have ZiPhone to boot you back to normal you can try over and over again and use itunes to shift-click restore to 1.1.3> ZiPhone restore> shift-click restore to 1.1.2> ZiPhone restore> shift-click restore to 1.1.1. (from what i see you cannot stay at 1.1.1 , you will oktoprep to 1.1.2 which is not as bad) you'll be on unactivated, unjailbroken, slide for emergence and *#306# blah blah you know the rest, prefs, jailbreak me URL stuff, (by this time you alredy have, due to ZiPhone, bootloader3.9 and baseband 04.01.13_G)

you now have to add a sources, www.i.unlock.no and select sources to install community sources and then press home. next goto installer and click 1.1.1 install oktoprep and then .........POOP i forgot. its way too late i been up for 20 hours and i got work in 4 hours, its 2.47 am i just restored my phone back to 1.1.3 becasue i forgot to use the 1.1.2 jailbreak pack like an ***. i was wondering why my phone said 1.1.1 firmware, after i okopreped and went to jailbreak me .com to check and i got the blue box with the ?. i screw up but i would have had it on 1.1.2 . i shift-clicked updated instead of using the 1.1.2 jailbreak pack instead.

theres definitly a few mistakes in here its really late and im going to correct sometime tomorrow.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37181

new way to get to 1.1.1 from 1.1.3
    Last edited by Sticky111; 2008-02-28 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819