Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Downgrading Tutorial

im a bit confused....can someone please explain to me why its not possible to downgrade on a 1.1.2 OTB if you upgraded with the DEV teams 1.1.3 jailbreak (which preserves 04.02.13_G baseband) and am using a stealthsim card. Thanks for your help!

Wow thanks for this tutorial! Everything worked perfectly. Read and followed word for word and worked on the first try. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h2wwww View Post
    im a bit confused....can someone please explain to me why its not possible to downgrade on a 1.1.2 OTB if you upgraded with the DEV teams 1.1.3 jailbreak (which preserves 04.02.13_G baseband) and am using a stealthsim card. Thanks for your help!
    you can't downgrade if you have a 1.1.2 or greater OTB phone because of the bootloader, not the baseband. the baseband controls all of the phone functions, and the bootloader controls how the iphone's files and such actually work in a manner of speaking.

i tried doing this and i didn't have any phone functionality on 1.1.2 without downgrading the baseband. i have a 1.0.2 OTB phone, so i was able to downgrade my baseband as stated in the tutorial, but the first time i tried downgrading after jailbreaking 1.1.3, i forgot to do the baseband downgrade and went to a jailbroken 1.1.2 and didn't have any signal
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

I successfully upgraded my jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone to 1.1.3..then for reasons unknown to me, my wife RE-installed the "bad" 1.1.3. I ran through all the steps until I got to #24 and now it won't jailbreak my 1.1.2. I updated my java and retried it and it keeps telling me to unplug the phone and restart, like....help!

thanks for your guide, this really solves my big problem especially the unknown error! (1), oh by the way, this guide also works in vista and i tunes 7.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Phedz View Post
    I successfully upgraded my jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone to 1.1.3..then for reasons unknown to me, my wife RE-installed the "bad" 1.1.3. I ran through all the steps until I got to #24 and now it won't jailbreak my 1.1.2. I updated my java and retried it and it keeps telling me to unplug the phone and restart, like....help!
    Did you install OktoPrep in 1.1.1? If not you need to use DFU and restore back to 1.1.1 use the jailbreakme.com tiff exploit and once installer.app is on your springboard install OktoPrep in the tweaks folder. Then make sure that you shift clock "UPGRADE" not restore, to 1.1.2. From there yes you need java and sometimes the windows.bat file does not execute so try opening the jailbreak.jar file which worked for me.

Guys Help Please

iam using TURBOSIM - Rev.2 utilities

after i upgraded to 1.1.2 and did the jailbreak, the phone keeps crashing and can't dial or send an SMS, so i read and found the iWorld fix, but the phone keeps crashing and alot of people tell me that they are calling me and that my phone is off, while it is not. any body facing the same issues here and is there another solution.

and will i face the same issues if i upgrade to jailbroken 1.1.3

Thankx

I had posted in another Jailbreak forum but I think this would be the better place to do it.

I followed this guide to get back to 1.1.2 and it worked, but my WIFE!!! accidently RE-upgraded me back to 1.1.3, I retried the whole process again and i can make it all the way to the last step (#24). This is where disaster strikes.

Every time I have tried this, I get the same things, the jailbreak console window either doesn't come up, or it DOES and I get an error telling me to unplug the phone and restart my computer. I made sure my Java was updated like the tutorial says, but st ill nothing...Is the tutorial a 1 shot deal?, if so, can someone tell me how to get BACK to a jailbroken 1.1.2??

okk guys, could not wait for any reply, i went ahead and upgraded to 1.1.3 using the official 1.1.3 using installer, it worked perfectly with Turbosim till i rebooted the phone.

now when i connect it to itunes it tells me that THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR IPHONE "we are sorry the iphone you connected may be damged and can not be activated for service"

just wanted u guys to know i'll be doing my research on this but if anyone has a solution here please share.

In case DFU isnt working, I found that if you drag the file onto the .exe file it opens up... For some reason I cant get ut to work on any computer I use, but if I drag it, it always works....

Just an FYI for someone who cant get DFU to work...

Unhappy downgrade problems
    I used this method, got to the the end and now when I run the windows.bat file (the last part of this) it tells me that o.k to prep should be installed!! and it was installed prior to me updating to the 1.1.2 (as per the tutorial here)... everything was going so well until that last part!!! now I have the phone on 1.1.2 (its displaying the activation screen) any ideas of what do do... do I now have to virginise...or simply downgrade to 1.1.1 again by putting the phone in DFU mode and start from there? My boot loader is 3.9, checked the phone and it now has the 1.1.2 software on for sure.... not sure what went wrong Please advise on what to do to get back to unlocked 1.1.2

blunt2544
    Default dude
    i dont know why you would even do this
    Last edited by blunt2544; 2010-09-14 at 11:49 PM.

So if I have a 1.1.2 which I upgraded to 1.1.3 , would I still be able to downgrade? Also if I can downgrade from 1.1.3 to whatever firmware , would I still be able to unlock it for any sim card use?

Thanks!

Works Great!! I've done it twice now successfully!! Thank you so much

im getting stuck here at step 13-14
    i call 0 answer hold install app but it goes back to the slide for emergency but then it black out like in 10 sec, its been like this fir 2 min and it hasnt restarted

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    the baseband downgrader from iunlock.no doesnt work some reason is.. it says "package download failed".. does anyone haev any other alternatives on how to downgrade the baseband to 4.01.13?

i tried this and it didnt work for me, i got up to the part where you go to jailbreakme.com and the site doesnt do anything, it just stays on the screen with the blue questionmark on it.

any suggestions are appreaciated....

i thought my phone was bricked cuz i couldnt restore via itunes so i ran dfu to force it into dfu mode and went back into itunes to restore back to 1.1.3 because thats the only one that worked.

miguel ; i had the same problem, simply restart your iphone by holding the top and home button until the phone restarts.
    Last edited by kamil234; 2008-02-09 at 06:18 PM.

I got the same problem as zainrizvi, "package download failed" when i try to download Baseband downgrader, i have refreshed sources and all that but still the same error

Is there any solution?

I got the same problem as zainrizvi, "package download failed" when i try to download Baseband downgrader, i have refreshed sources and all that but still the same error

Is there any solution?

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast