Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Downgrading Tutorial

For all you that are stuck on this somewhere, so was I.
    I spent all night trying to do it but kept getting it wrong at this bit -

18. Your iPhone will start up normally and have service! Again, iTunes will be showing the “Set Up Your iPhone” screen. Ignore it and open Safari on your iPhone. Navigate to jailbreakme.com and hit “Install AppSnapp”. Allow your iPhone to be jailbroken and soft restart. Click on the new Installer icon. Go to the Install tab and go to Tweaks (1.1.1). Click on OktoPrep and install it. After the short installation, click the Home button.

After trial and error i realised that when the phone started up again (18) it didnt 'start up normally' so all I did was to reload the iBrickr again as before, open the emergengy screen as before
    - Slide the emergency slider.

- Dial *#306# and hit call.
    - Your iPhone will either briefly flash and go back to the emergency call screen, or it will look like you have an incoming call from the number 0.
    - If your iPhone is still at the emergency call screen, backspace everything and dial 0 and hit call. If not, continue to the next step.
    - Hit Answer to answer the call from 0.
    - Hit hold.
    - 0 will still be calling you. Hit Decline.
    - You will now be in the phone section of your iPhone.

Then repeat 12, 13, 14
    Goto Installer scroll down, Unlocking tools and install AnySim

Thats it for now, at least you can safely use your phone in 1.1.1.
    Then upgrade another time or right away depending on how your heart rate is.

I hope this helps some of you. I thought I'd lost my phone for good.

AKA pierrechampoux Andis Jackson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Thank You Sidetalker!!!
    After feeling hopeless for about a week after almost bricking my phone while attempting to jb 1.1.3, I am now back to a jailbroken 1.1.2!!! This tutorial works perfectly. One thing to remember- you need to copy only the folder that holds the DFU program, and not the folder you unzipped. It does not work otherwise.

Thanks again!!

I have 1.1.2 OTB and update using iTunes to 1.1.3 is possible i return to old firmware? and baseband? my actual is 04.03.13

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks man

So from what im reading, for people like me who just bought an iphone and out of the box the software is 1.1.3, there is no way of downgrading this? if there is any way, can someone please state where i can find the info on doing so or how and also if doing so, will this brick the phone?

Need help with this downgrade... im on step 23.24. I double click to open windows.bat and the black window just flashes once and goes away. I checked the java site and im all up to date... What should i do?

well it looks like nothing yet for OTB 1.1.2 hope someone can help with that soon sucks to have a iphone with no 3rd party apps............ that 1.1.3 update sucks

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey jrod, you can't downgrade but you can jailbreak 1.1.3...

To everyone else - Sorry I haven't been on too much and haven't been able to answer all of your questions, I'm crazy busy.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

i screwed up on the first time you use iBrikr
    somebody help meee!!!! how do i quit!!!
    the *#306# thing will not work
    8GB Apple iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by e92sport View Post
    Need help with this downgrade... im on step 23.24. I double click to open windows.bat and the black window just flashes once and goes away. I checked the java site and im all up to date... What should i do?
    Reboot your computer and phone and try again. This is common.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdByKyank View Post
    So from what im reading, for people like me who just bought an iphone and out of the box the software is 1.1.3, there is no way of downgrading this? if there is any way, can someone please state where i can find the info on doing so or how and also if doing so, will this brick the phone?
    You can downgrade the firmware to jailbreak it but there is no software method to unlock it for use with another carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayStation3Br View Post
    I have 1.1.2 OTB and update using iTunes to 1.1.3 is possible i return to old firmware? and baseband? my actual is 04.03.13
    You can downgrade the firmware (iTunes shift-click) but you're stuck with that baseband now.
    Last edited by Wayno; 2008-02-03 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ok This is my story (downgrading experience) :
    In short words this downgrade method worked perfectly for me downgrading from 1.1.3, to 1.1.1 then 1.1.2 and having Everything fully functional again. BUT I did one mistake: I Installed that App that changes your data from one place to another in order to give more drive space ( I forgot the name), since then it was impossible to load ringtones, and install other appz. Since this operation can’t be undone I decided to do the downgrade process all over again so I then have it all functioning but without that moving data thing.
    Well I couldn’t get it done from 1.1.2 down to 1.1.1 so I went up to 1.1.3 again and do the complete downgrade process. At the end of it Everything worked perfectly as per phone, youtube, and all the original apple appz, but as soon as I started installing the rest I couldn’t. Everything I try to install it says that 1.1.3 is required.

Could it be thet for some reason this process is only good for a one time only? Or maybe the up and downgrading "broke" something. hmmm.

I’ve been over 3 days doing, redoing, trying this and that without any luck. I have done it so many times I already memorized all the process ;-) .
    Well, as for today I only have two options, stay in 1.1.2 with very limited Appz or go up to 1.1.3 and enjoy the jiggly icons every time I miss all the fun.

I guess it would be better if you go back from 1.1.3 to 1.1.2 with this process, STAY THERE, don’t do what I did (unless you want to prove me wrong, (which I will really appreciate) , you won’t be able to get all the fun back.

I'm not a programmer neither a hacking Pro so I might done something wrong in the process or maybe I'm missing something…. Hmmmm

The official update to 1.1.3 is one of the few that does install so I decided to give it a try. First it take for ever to finish the process, and at the end in never get it to boot, I have to do it manually, and itunes pop up saying that my iPhone is no longer good to contact an apple service blab la bla.
    Done it several time and always stuck there. (Any suggestions?)

I had to go to DFU mode and restore again, then start a clean 1.1.3 restore and back to life (sort of) , without the goodies.

I appreciate any guidance to get it back to 1.1.2.
    BTW I'm thinking to go all the way down to 1.0.2, I believe is a lot more complicated, maybe downgrading the baseband and go up again to 1.1.1,

I'll be playing today all day with this Anyone who wants to join the venture is welcome..

AVL

Cannot install in baseband downgrader...Error message pops up half way thru the install ....A little history about why i'm using this...I have a AT&T iphone that came 1.1.2 out of the box...i initially modded it then did the 1.1.3 soft ugraded to get the 1.1.3 features...Everything worked fine till this friday i was messing around with google maps application i installed ,thinking it would solve finding my postion problem...I tried different things then ended up doing a restore and ended up losing all my applications and running a stock 1.1.3 version...So here i am....My computer is running Vista and tried redoing everything twice...I am now just going to restore back to 1.1.3 till i get some help...Thanks...Ps...I'm just a beginner ...
    Last edited by Te Toque; 2008-02-03 at 08:59 PM.

Is there any reason I cannot stop at step 18 and not upgrade to 1.1.2? I have it right now at that(1.1.1) and everything seems to be working fine.

i need help on step 17 and 18 because when i try 2 restore it those 2 same errors come up and it doesn't restore what can i do.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Te Toque. Baseband downgrader won't work on 1.1.2 otb. I made that clear.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

antidis (2008-02-04)

What can't i restore doing this???

hi there, thanks for the hard work,

i have an issue, when i try to install the Baseband Downgrader i get the following message "Package download failed" but it looks as its still downloading, okk, luky me new update after waiting about 8 minutes i got the notice and clicked okk

1-Flashing baseband 2-3 minutes
    2- Pinging baseband

walaa done :-)

Thanks alot man this is the best site for all iphone user support.

wish all the developers the best as without them 90% of iphone users would be stuck.

THANKS AGAIN

By the Way: Let share with you my test on using the Turbosim Card with 1.1.3

IT WILL NOT WORK ON AN IPHONE THAT IS NOT JAILBRKOEN "I STILL WANA TEST IT AFTER JAIL BREAKING MY IPHONE TO 1.1.3

THE 1.1.3 FIRMWARE ALSO RECOGNIZED THAT I'M USING AN OLD CANCELED ATT SIM CARD. MSG I GOT " INCORRECT SIM PLEASE INSTALL AN UNLOCKED AND APPROVED SIM"

AFTER DONGRADING THE BASEBAND, THE ATT SIM CARD WORKED AGAIN PERFECTLY

OTHER THAN THAT ITS ALL GOOD
    Last edited by yahyamih; 2008-02-04 at 02:29 PM.

What a great guide!!!!

Thanks a million! it worked like a charm. The only problems I ran through are because I didn't read correctly or because I'm from Canada and only had my Rogers SIM.

I have a 1.0.2 OTB phone and it was 1.1.3 jailbroke but I had gone from 1.1.1 directly to 1.1.3 so I had all sorts of issues with DRM stuff and SMS.
    Here are the difference I had and how I got through them.

18. Your iPhone will start up normally and have service! Again, iTunes will be showing the “Set Up Your iPhone” screen. Ignore it and open Safari on your iPhone. Navigate to jailbreakme.com and hit “Install AppSnapp”. Allow your iPhone to be jailbroken and soft restart. Click on the new Installer icon. Go to the Install tab and go to Tweaks (1.1.1). Click on OktoPrep and install it. After the short installation, click the Home button.
    Since I had only my rogers SIM, it still said Activate IPHONE and was only locked for emergency call. I simply re-did the steps to jailbreak it starting with dialing *#306#...

The other things that had me re-do the steps again were that I once forgot to install Oktoprep (stupid me) and I had a lot of issues running AnySim on 1.1.2 jailbreak. I was installing the anySim found in the unlocking tools menu of installer, but it kept on freezing the phone and making it unsuable. I finally got the trick. You have to install anySim 1.2.1u that can be found under the utilities menu in the installer, turn on airplane mode and then run anysim. After that, I was able to run the 1.1.3 jailbreak and everything works like a charm.

Thanks again to the poster! This guide is AWESOME and trully very simple.

Godd luck y'all!

i have a question mi iphone is restore in 1.1.3 in i buy the iphone in 1.1.2 how can put back in jailbreaking 1.1.2 or 1.1.1.thanks

This guide is great and does work if followed correctly but one thing that was left out is from after upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 you will need to use ibrickr again to boot the phone which is not listed above but pretty easy to figure out. But good job. and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by yainahis View Post
    i have a question mi iphone is restore in 1.1.3 in i buy the iphone in 1.1.2 how can put back in jailbreaking 1.1.2 or 1.1.1.thanks

Follow this guide and most importantly you need to run DFU to downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by akash111 View Post
    i need help on step 17 and 18 because when i try 2 restore it those 2 same errors come up and it doesn't restore what can i do.
    You need to use iBrickr to BOOT the phone after the second time you get the error.

Quote Originally Posted by MSFIT View Post
    Is there any reason I cannot stop at step 18 and not upgrade to 1.1.2? I have it right now at that(1.1.1) and everything seems to be working fine.
    If you have service yeah you can stay but for the most part after downgrading you loose your cell service. But if you never installed 1.1.2 or higher then it is quite possible that you have service.

Quote Originally Posted by Te Toque View Post
    Cannot install in baseband downgrader...Error message pops up half way thru the install ....A little history about why i'm using this...I have a AT&T iphone that came 1.1.2 out of the box...i initially modded it then did the 1.1.3 soft ugraded to get the 1.1.3 features...Everything worked fine till this friday i was messing around with google maps application i installed ,thinking it would solve finding my postion problem...I tried different things then ended up doing a restore and ended up losing all my applications and running a stock 1.1.3 version...So here i am....My computer is running Vista and tried redoing everything twice...I am now just going to restore back to 1.1.3 till i get some help...Thanks...Ps...I'm just a beginner ...
    What baseband do you have? Have you tried downloading older firmware such as 1.1.1 and getting your phone into DFU mode and "shift-clicking" restore?
    Last edited by rupchurc; 2008-02-05 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast