Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Downgrading Tutorial

Worked like a CHARM....it only took me 7 hours but i finaly got it. The thing that helped me out the most is, If you ever get stuck CLOSE ITUNES....TURN OFF PHONE and pick up from the step i left off on....If i would have done this eairlier than later i would be posting this at 3-4am instead of when im waking my kid up from school. Thanks again for your guide....your brother OWNED me, Later

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@ step 10
    dont know why i couldnt access iPhone contacts...
    when i dial *#306# there's an error seems "error performing request SIM PIN Requıred"
    can anyone tell me why?

Thanks for this, worked brilliantly!

after step 17 i still have no service?...what am i doing wrong.. followed EVERYTHING perfectly..but after the Restore..no service and it goes back to the activation screen..i have a Week 30 iphone
    Last edited by DarknessTM; 2008-01-25 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok so...i have an issue lol. and normally if i ask for help either somebody gives me an answer or i figure it out right after i submit my post so either way hopefully i'll get my phone working again lol.

i'm on windows xp, my phone is 1.0.2 OTB(maybe earlier, i dunno), and i had it at 1.1.2 jailbroken and not unlocked ever. i upgraded to 1.1.3 with the intention of downgrading then jailbreaking and re-upgrading so everything would be working, as i've read that the 1.1.3 jailbreak doesn't upgrade the baseband and so not all the functions work properly. so, i upgraded to 1.1.3, and began downgrading. put the phone in DFU mode and shift-clicked to restore to 1.1.1, and once it was done...my phone went back to the DFU mode screen(white cord pointing towards the itunes icon". tried to restore in itunes and it gave me an error saying it couldn't(don't remember what error now, something about how it couldn't find my phone to restore it). restarted my phone by holding the power and home buttons till the apple logo came up, and now itunes won't detect my phone. neither will ibrickr.

any ideas? i have the "slide for emergencies" slider and thought perhaps i could try the step where you dial *#302# but it didn't work either.

thanks in advance, i'd really like some assistance with this one lol, first time my phone has ever been a paperweight.

EDIT:
    ok so...i can get itunes to detect it, by manually putting it in DFU mode. but, trying to restore to anything but 1.1.3 won't even start restoring it, and restoring it to 1.1.3 will attempt the restore like it should, and give an error at the end saying it couldn't restore the iphone(error 1604 i believe). any ideas?

EDIT 2:
    ok, i did get it working after doing some more intensive research. i found a couple threads that suggested removing the sim card from the phone, restarting the computer and the phone, and then trying a restore, and it worked fine. i'm back up to 1.1.3 now, i'm gonna try downgrading and jailbreaking again tomorrow now that i know how to fix it if that happens again lol. i'll post tomorrow and let you guys know if it worked ok.
    Last edited by rianbattle; 2008-01-25 at 11:00 PM.
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

i had a mistake. i dowloaded 1.1.3 firmware from modmyi.com/download and my phone locked. and i cannot downgrade and anything. can you help me. my boot looder 4.6 . it was orjinal 1.1.2 verison.

thank you sidetallker. thought i wanted the unapproved 1.1.3 update, but i did not. but at least now i'm up to 1.1.2 from 1.1.1. just gotta put the apps i had back on. but i learned some new things about my little precious. everything went perfect.

I had my phone jailbreaked 1.1.2. I upgraded and to 1.1.3 and lost it all. Now i want to downgrade. I got my phone 1 month ago not sure what bootloader and OTB it is. How do i find out?

I had my phone jailbreaked 1.1.2. I upgraded and to 1.1.3 and lost it all. Now i want to downgrade. I got my phone 1 month ago not sure what bootloader and OTB it is. How do i find out?

Sidetalker you are a genius. Everything went just as you wrote it up. Now the question is do I use the jailbroken1.1.3?

can i downgarde the first 7 #s my serial is : 5K80181
    Last edited by rocknroll0204; 2008-01-26 at 03:24 AM. Reason: TMI

I am trying to downgrade temporarily my phone but at the end of restoring to 1.1.1 , itunes reports error 1015, and I can't get iBrickr to boot the phone. Clicking on "Boot iPhone" causes the green screen on the phone to appear.

I've tried the restore several times already. Same result. Appreciate any help?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

bigcat. I told you that you would get that message. Restore to 1.1.1 and try again.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    bigcat. I told you that you would get that message. Restore to 1.1.1 and try again.
    ok never mind. I got it.... Thanks so much for your help and patience.
    Last edited by bigcat; 2008-01-26 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

ok never mind. I got it.... Thanks so much for your help and patience.
    '

Not a problem
    For Help

GUIDES:

what you mean by "Click the newly added prefs:. This will shortcut you to the Settings. Click Wi-Fi and join your Wi-Fi network. Go back to Settings. Click General > Auto-Lock. Turn Auto-Lock to Never. "

What's the newly prefs?

Quote Originally Posted by doraem0n View Post
    what you mean by "Click the newly added prefs:. This will shortcut you to the Settings. Click Wi-Fi and join your Wi-Fi network. Go back to Settings. Click General > Auto-Lock. Turn Auto-Lock to Never. "

What's the newly prefs?
    0_o...

after you add your prefs and the jailbreakme.com to the URL's and save tap on prefs; it'll take you the your settings where you can connect to wifi and turn off the auto lock

check the back of your phone what week is it? should start with 3,4,5 or something like that weeks 45 and above have 4.6 bootloader
    Last edited by xjuliephanx; 2008-01-26 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Thanks for clearing that up julie. I know the tutorial is very cryptic.
    For Help

GUIDES:

Quote Originally Posted by rianbattle View Post
    ok so...i have an issue lol. and normally if i ask for help either somebody gives me an answer or i figure it out right after i submit my post so either way hopefully i'll get my phone working again lol.

i'm on windows xp, my phone is 1.0.2 OTB(maybe earlier, i dunno), and i had it at 1.1.2 jailbroken and not unlocked ever. i upgraded to 1.1.3 with the intention of downgrading then jailbreaking and re-upgrading so everything would be working, as i've read that the 1.1.3 jailbreak doesn't upgrade the baseband and so not all the functions work properly. so, i upgraded to 1.1.3, and began downgrading. put the phone in DFU mode and shift-clicked to restore to 1.1.1, and once it was done...my phone went back to the DFU mode screen(white cord pointing towards the itunes icon". tried to restore in itunes and it gave me an error saying it couldn't(don't remember what error now, something about how it couldn't find my phone to restore it). restarted my phone by holding the power and home buttons till the apple logo came up, and now itunes won't detect my phone. neither will ibrickr.

any ideas? i have the "slide for emergencies" slider and thought perhaps i could try the step where you dial *#302# but it didn't work either.

thanks in advance, i'd really like some assistance with this one lol, first time my phone has ever been a paperweight.

EDIT:
    ok so...i can get itunes to detect it, by manually putting it in DFU mode. but, trying to restore to anything but 1.1.3 won't even start restoring it, and restoring it to 1.1.3 will attempt the restore like it should, and give an error at the end saying it couldn't restore the iphone(error 1604 i believe). any ideas?

EDIT 2:
    ok, i did get it working after doing some more intensive research. i found a couple threads that suggested removing the sim card from the phone, restarting the computer and the phone, and then trying a restore, and it worked fine. i'm back up to 1.1.3 now, i'm gonna try downgrading and jailbreaking again tomorrow now that i know how to fix it if that happens again lol. i'll post tomorrow and let you guys know if it worked ok.
    any luck with this?

i took my week 1 phone from jailbroken 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 (itunes install), tried to go back down to 1.1.1/1.1.2 and get no service (w/ at&t). I went back up to 1.1.3 via jailbreak, and still get no signal ...

Thanks

There is a fix for that. You need to get the stock 1.1.3 lockdownd file and throw it in using SSH. google for a guide if you need one.
    For Help

GUIDES:

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

y0haan (2008-01-27)

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast