Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Downgrading Tutorial

put it into DFU mode.. i had this error too i wasn't in DFU mode like i thought... in DFU mode it should look like its off but itunes still prompts you that its in recovery mode... not the itunes icon and plug in thing

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xjuliephanx For This Useful Post:

djmean (2008-01-24)

hey man im stuck at Step 13?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    haha good job colleague
    Yes and this after I did the same upgrading the same phone to 1.1.2 when it was new

Anyhoo, I followed your guide but then I get to the bit where you install the BSD subsystem and ...... it's not in the installer repo I have a jailbroken 1.1.1 (OTB) phone with 4_03_13 baseband, wi-fi works, etc ..... but there's no BSD subsystem in the installer, meaning I can't get anything else useful installed on there.

I tried to install it via iBrickr. It makes the right noises, then restarts springboard but no BSD. I hunted around the net for a PXL installer, found one on iphone.natetrue.com, downloaded the zip file and (in the absence of any other instructions) renamed it as .PXL. I used iBrickr to install an app from a PXL file and it did the same as running it from the iBrickr repo.

So does anybody have any idea how I can get the BSD subsystem on there in this scenario? I've upgraded / downgraded / jailbroken several times in case I'm missing something obvious. And I have freed several phones already so I like to think I know what I'm doing. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    So does anybody have any idea how I can get the BSD subsystem on there in this scenario?
    Somebody posted a solution here.
    Last edited by Wayno; 2008-01-24 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Okk thx for THE ADVICE
    kk so i had question i no we have to downgrade to 1.1.1 but can we do it to 1.0.2 or no

thx for advice juliephanx srry if i spelt ur nam rong it work the DFU thing but i 'll see if restores properly
    Last edited by djmean; 2008-01-24 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok guys i have tried everything exhausting my options jailbreak.jar just sits there for god knows how long without rebooting my phone even though i killed itunes and ituneshelper... i tried to use independence both 1.3.1 and the beta but it crashes due to some kernel error i rebooted phone and computer, deleted and reinstalled the jailbreak.zip from conceited softwarei don't know what to do at this point to get it out of DFU mode.. i guess i'm stuck on 1.1.3 for this phone... i feel like such a dumbass working all night and STILL can't force it out of DFU, it's time to borrow a friends PC and try ibrickr unless anyone else has any other ideas??

well i tried it again and again for a few hours (had to upgrade to 1.1.3 then go back down repeatedly.. i didn't just leave it in the DFU mode).. the jailbreak.jar started to work again

Two downgraded, jailbroken, and unlocked iphones survived 1.1.3 WOOPEE!
    Last edited by xjuliephanx; 2008-01-24 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    Yes and this after I did the same upgrading the same phone to 1.1.2 when it was new

Anyhoo, I followed your guide but then I get to the bit where you install the BSD subsystem and ...... it's not in the installer repo I have a jailbroken 1.1.1 (OTB) phone with 4_03_13 baseband, wi-fi works, etc ..... but there's no BSD subsystem in the installer, meaning I can't get anything else useful installed on there.

I tried to install it via iBrickr. It makes the right noises, then restarts springboard but no BSD. I hunted around the net for a PXL installer, found one on iphone.natetrue.com, downloaded the zip file and (in the absence of any other instructions) renamed it as .PXL. I used iBrickr to install an app from a PXL file and it did the same as running it from the iBrickr repo.

So does anybody have any idea how I can get the BSD subsystem on there in this scenario? I've upgraded / downgraded / jailbroken several times in case I'm missing something obvious. And I have freed several phones already so I like to think I know what I'm doing. Help!

Somebody posted a solution here.
    same shoes as you..cant find BSD in Installer..tried all the ways you said..still no luck!...looking to use my iphone as a phone soon! Please Help!

its working now...just wait a while untill Installer finds the updates...then it works like charm.
    Last edited by DarknessTM; 2008-01-24 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default need help
    ok so once my iphone is in DFU mode i an't restore to 1.1.1 i can only restore to 1.0.2 and after that it comes error 1013 so wht next

anytime i do step 17..it reverts back to the way it was...do i UPGRADE to 1.1.1? or Restore..cuz the restore removes EVERYTHING i've done before.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

ok....you know how on a mac you have to close itunes when you use the jailbreak jar thing? How exactly do you do it? i quit itunes but it still doesnt work. Do you have to eject the iphone in itunes, close itunes, and then go into activity monitor and quit itunes helper? do those things matter?

:update: man f*ck this....damn iphone, i guess ill just have to wait for 1.1.3 jailbreak
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 2008-01-24 at 10:08 PM.
    iLive an iLife

yes quit ituneshelper from the activity monitor as well.. after hours of trying to get the jailbreak.jar and independence to work it eventually started to work again... don't know why??

BSD should be back in now but if you still can't find it add this repo to the sources in and download the BSD lite. Works for downgrading the baseband too. www.meachware.com/list.xml
    Last edited by xjuliephanx; 2008-01-24 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Engadget.com and nate trues blog says 1.1.3 jailbreak released.....im trying it now....there is a new IBrickr.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xjuliephanx View Post
    yes quit ituneshelper from the activity monitor as well.. after hours of trying to get the jailbreak.jar and independence to work it eventually started to work again... don't know why??

BSD should be back in now but if you still can't find it add this repo to the sources in and download the BSD lite. Works for downgrading the baseband too. www.meachware.com/list.xml
    so did it take you a couple tries? And how long did it take to boot? This is going on my 5th try, is that normal?

Since it isnt working on my mac could i try it on my friend's pc, leave it at 1.1.1 and then restore on my mac to 1.1.2 so its configured with my mac?
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 2008-01-25 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iLive an iLife

do you lose your contacts?!?! lol...cause that would NOT be a good thing
    If my post is helpful, give it a ThAnKs!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    iPod mini 4g
    iPod Video 30g (not anymore, I will miss you =[)
    Jailbroken iPhone 7.32g

does anyone know if *****Sim works with a jailbroken 1.1.3 iphone?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

anytime i do step 17..it reverts back to the way it was...do i UPGRADE to 1.1.1? or Restore..cuz the restore removes EVERYTHING i've done before.
    upgrade
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Hey guys, I got to the point where we use BSD to downgrade our baseband, and I didn't do it. I decided not to because I thought I needed it to have google maps functionality..

Well after trying to restore it again, I'm sutck aith the USB plug pointing towards the itunes symbol on my iPhone screen. I've tried to restore multiple times (including 1.1.1, 1.1.3, 1.1.2) and it will not work. It always gives me the same error message and the screen goes back to the usb plug and the itunes symbol. I'm scared that I've bricked my iPhone.

Is there any way to fix this?

Please and thank you,
    Tim.

Oh, it might be important to know I just upgraded to 1.1.3 (legitimately, no jailbreak) and I was downgrading back.

Smile keep you posted
    Quote Originally Posted by djnikk View Post
    Hey there sidetalker, i've been reading alot about downgrading 1.1.3 firmware, baseband and bootloader. I just ordered an iphone wich i presume will come with 1.1.3 out of the box. I couldn't find any tpics about downgrading 1.1.3 (out of the box) to 1.1.1. I read the page on http://iphone.unlock.no about downgrading the bootlaoder and baseband. I ahve no problem disasembling the phone since I am an electronical engineering student and pretty mutch now what I doing when it comes to that, but I wanted to know if it works for 1.1.3 firmware and if anyone else has actually tried it. I sure will, but just trying to get positive feedback. I am currently waiting for my iPhone to arrive. I absolutly need to unlock the phone to use it though because I am in Canada. I don't mind waiting a bit for the dev team to come out with something if there is nothing I can do yet. thanx a lot
    okay, so I'll keep you guys posted on wether i get a 1.1.3 or 1.1.2 OTB, and the steps I took to downgrade/ crack it when it's done. My iPhone should arrive mid next week. I CAN'T WAIT hihihi!!! I find my iPod Touch borring now lol. Hope it's 1.1.2 though. TTYL
    iPhone 4 16 GB + iMac 24" 2.9GHz + MBP 13" 2,2GHZ = AAPL 4 EVAAAA!

Great guide...thanks!
    Last edited by Wongster360; 2008-01-25 at 09:01 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I Love You!!!

Great Guide, Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    Well after trying to restore it again, I'm sutck aith the USB plug pointing towards the itunes symbol on my iPhone screen. I've tried to restore multiple times (including 1.1.1, 1.1.3, 1.1.2) and it will not work. It always gives me the same error message and the screen goes back to the usb plug and the itunes symbol. I'm scared that I've bricked my iPhone.
    No you haven't. At this point, use iBrickr to reboot the phone

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast