Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Downgrading Tutorial

Default Help!!!
    hi...
    i downgraded to 1.1.1 as instructed but when i came to*307# step...
    i realised i could not switch on the wifi...its grey..means i lost ma wifi and cannot proceed
    plzzzz can som 1 help....thnx!!
    And my phone was running on 1.0.2 unlocked by test point method(hardware unlock not anysim)
    hope this information helps...
    Last edited by fahad20; 2008-01-23 at 07:28 PM. Reason: added info

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

how can i "run" the dfu files on a mac? Thanks

i tried dfu manually but seems like it's not working.
    those files wont work on mac

I just want to post here and say this tutorial worked like a CHARM.

Thank you for your hard work and time..
    you're welcome
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Has anyone successfully done this on a mac? i just tried for the 3rd time and cant get it, my jailbreak jar doesnt boot my iphone out of recovery it just says waiting for boot for like 10 minutes
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 2008-01-23 at 10:28 PM.
    iLive an iLife

Ugh! I keep getting error 1 no matter what I do!

Thanks

Ugh! I keep getting error 1 no matter what I do!
    Error 1 means you're not in DFU mode.
    For Help

GUIDES:

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    Error 1 means you're not in DFU mode.
    Ah I found your tut-orial I'm getting error 1 but i'm pretty sure i'm in DFU. DFU in 1.1.3 is that screen with the plug isn't it?? Right after extracting the files I get the error 1 message

This guide is da bomb. Because of you I now have my jailbroken phone back.

Jordan

Hey there sidetalker, i've been reading alot about downgrading 1.1.3 firmware, baseband and bootloader. I just ordered an iphone wich i presume will come with 1.1.3 out of the box. I couldn't find any tpics about downgrading 1.1.3 (out of the box) to 1.1.1. I read the page on http://iphone.unlock.no about downgrading the bootlaoder and baseband. I ahve no problem disasembling the phone since I am an electronical engineering student and pretty mutch now what I doing when it comes to that, but I wanted to know if it works for 1.1.3 firmware and if anyone else has actually tried it. I sure will, but just trying to get positive feedback. I am currently waiting for my iPhone to arrive. I absolutly need to unlock the phone to use it though because I am in Canada. I don't mind waiting a bit for the dev team to come out with something if there is nothing I can do yet. thanx a lot

ok so i got past the restore point (YAY THANKS SO MUCH!) but now i'm at the part where it says my sim is locked (i have ATT btw) and the calling thing isn't working.. after i dial #306# it goes black but then goes back to the screen. When i backspace and dial Zero the call failed What to do ? Should I go through the restore process and try again

did you close itunes before you used jailbreak.jar? it always stalls if you don't close it first... i'm on a mac

*edit* i must be blind I missed the *#306#.. haha that did it! i need wifi though i'm trying to downgrade at school cause im so impatient LOL.. will try to jailbreak once i get home I'M IN LOVE WITH SIDETALKER hahaha
    Last edited by xjuliephanx; 2008-01-24 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Ah I found your tut-orial I'm getting error 1 but i'm pretty sure i'm in DFU. DFU in 1.1.3 is that screen with the plug isn't it?? Right after extracting the files I get the error 1 message
    thats NOT dfu mode. Google how to enter dfu mode or simply read the guide.

This guide is da bomb. Because of you I now have my jailbroken phone back.

Jordan
    yw dude

Hey there sidetalker, i've been reading alot about downgrading 1.1.3 firmware, baseband and bootloader. I just ordered an iphone wich i presume will come with 1.1.3 out of the box. I couldn't find any tpics about downgrading 1.1.3 (out of the box) to 1.1.1. I read the page on http://iphone.unlock.no about downgrading the bootlaoder and baseband. I ahve no problem disasembling the phone since I am an electronical engineering student and pretty mutch now what I doing when it comes to that, but I wanted to know if it works for 1.1.3 firmware and if anyone else has actually tried it. I sure will, but just trying to get positive feedback. I am currently waiting for my iPhone to arrive. I absolutly need to unlock the phone to use it though because I am in Canada. I don't mind waiting a bit for the dev team to come out with something if there is nothing I can do yet. thanx a lot
    I haven't heard many reports of 1.1.3 OTB, im guessing you will be getting a 1.1.2 iphone with the 4.6 bootloader. If that's not the case the bootloader downgrade should still work anyway. Please post any info or a step by step of the process and let us all know how it goes for you!!!

ok so i got past the restore point (YAY THANKS SO MUCH!) but now i'm at the part where it says my sim is locked (i have ATT btw) and the calling thing isn't working.. after i dial #306# it goes black but then goes back to the screen. When i backspace and dial Zero the call failed What to do ? Should I go through the restore process and try again

did you close itunes before you used jailbreak.jar? it always stalls if you don't close it first... i'm on a mac and i got barely past that.. i am now at the point where my sim is locked but i can't call out to access my contacts
    The number you must dial is: *#306#

NOT #306#

come on bro, read.
    For Help

GUIDES:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xjuliephanx View Post
    did you close itunes before you used jailbreak.jar? it always stalls if you don't close it first... i'm on a mac
    Oh you have to close itunes? like exit out completely? that could be why... the guide says minimize, but ill try that thanks
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

Oh you have to close itunes? like exit out completely? that could be why... the guide says minimize, but ill try that thanks
    I don't know how it reacts on a Mac as I'm on a PC but its something to try...
    For Help

GUIDES:

Thanks

I don't know how it reacts on a Mac as I'm on a PC but its something to try...
    Yeah thats the only part im stuck on, well here goes attempt number 4 lol
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

Haha I'm surprised you didn't try that earlier...
    For Help

GUIDES:

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

EDIT: My 12 year old brother who does not have an iPhone and who has never used my iPhone before for anything more than making a call has just successfully completed a 1.1.3 to 1.1.2 downgrade and jailbreak using this guide. I did not help him. That's right. Be ashamed.
    Right on

I'm just about to try it after a colleague has bricked a clients phone so I'll let you know if your brother pwns me

Thanks

Right on

I'm just about to try it after a colleague has bricked a clients phone so I'll let you know if your brother pwns me
    haha good job colleague
    For Help

GUIDES:

I will have to say thanks. This is the easiest guide that i have done so far. Thanks a lot. By the way i already hit the "Thanks" button.

Now i have a quick question for you or for anybody that can answer it. I notice when i finished the jailbreak the BB is back to the 4.XXX and i need the 3.XXX version to use it with T-mobile. I am afraid to do the baseband downgrader again and mess the whole thing up.

Any suggestions? Can i used the baseband downgrader or not? Should i use it? Help.

Thanks

Yeah you can use it no problem.
    For Help

GUIDES:

yeah i know i edited my post and said i was blind.. i got past everything except the final step... i can't seem to get my phone in DFU mode after downgrading my baseband.. NVM i had to quit itunes disconnect everything and do it by turning off the iphone first then letting go of power once the apple appeared.. that did the trick

FYI i'm a girl

my jailbreak.jar always hangs on the reboot when the itunes is open after i cancel it quit my itunes then try again POOF works like a charm in rebootin the iphone but the app itself will still look like its rebooting you can just close it once you see your phone is out of DFU mode

did i remember to tell you i love you?? cause if i didn't i do

man i'm having that problem now.. my jailbreak.jar won't reboot the iphone but i closed down itunes it just sits there and sits there don't know what to do.. i did it perfect with the first iphone don't know what i'm doing wrong this time
    Last edited by xjuliephanx; 2008-01-24 at 07:59 AM.

Default Stuck ned help
    kk i had a question everytime i try to downgrade to 1.1.1 it keeps cuming error 1 iphone could not be restored and then the iphone stays in recovery mode but i can put bak to normal in independence so how do get rid of that error 1

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast