Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Boot loop with scrooling text

Exclamation Boot loop with scrooling text
    Hello,
    i have a problem if anyone can help me i would appreciate it. i tried downgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.0.2 with ibrickr. at the step where it tells you to wait for 3-4 minutes, i waited for 15 minutes and nothing happened so i turned off the phone. i think the process of downgrading didn't finish because upon restart it got stuck in this endless boot with code lines scrolling on the screen for 5-6 seconds than a restart. i tried restoring in DFU mode using itunes (7.3, 7.4 and 7.5) to 1.1.1, to 1.0.2, to 1.1.2 to no success. i get either unknown error (1), unknown error (4) or error (1013) depending on what version of itunes or of firmware i am using. can anyone give me any suggestions for installing a working firmware? i appreciate it, thank you in advance.

Try this, worked for me - I had the same problem tonight when going from 1.1.2 to 1.0.2 using ibrickr

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/...ead.php?t=2790

hello and thank you for your answer,
    i read the link that you provided and i am not sure exactly what answer is the one that you tried and successfully restore your phone/ipod. i am still stuck in that loop and everything i tried to do a restore doesn;t work - it gives me an error in itunes saying that the phone could not be restored. any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution to the endless boot problem: i installed itunes 7.6 and did a restore to factory default - 1.1.3 .... from here i will try to downgrade to 1.1.1 and than go with 1.0.2 and so on. at least i am into a regular screen, not that endless loop with code lines.

Solution to the endless boot problem: i installed itunes 7.6 and did a restore to factory default - 1.1.3 .... from here i will try to downgrade to 1.1.1 and than go with 1.0.2 and so on. at least i am into a regular screen, not that endless loop with code lines.
    Last edited by acio1; 2008-01-16 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost