Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rookie Needs Help!!!!!!!!!

Cool Rookie Needs Help!!!!!!!!!
    Hey everyone, I'm practically a brand new rookie on doing just about anything on the computer and internet accept for surfing the web, and sending emails here and there. I have an iphone using [email protected] service, and I'm currently running on 1.1.2 firmware. My iphone is completely stock, accept for my swell wallpapers. Wow. Can anyone help get me started on installing the installer app for my phone? I'm mainly interested in changing themes, icons, possibly some games, and third party apps. I guess from what I've seen, pretty much everything that comes with the installer app. I'm not a retard or anything, I'm just scared of ruining my four hundred dollar phone. I'm sure everyone understands. I'm sure I could do these things if I could just get someone to help me get started and walk me through a couple of things. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could get me goin'.

Jason

Last edited by yashasvi; 2008-01-15 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats a good place to start. Essentially you dowgrade to 1.1.1 > jailbreak > oktoprep > upgrade 1.1.2 > jailbreak and you are set. You are not doing ANYTHING to the baseband so unless you don;t let the installations carry all the way through you are fine (and probably still fine even if they don't for some reason finish as you can do another restore). Most everyone got there by just biting the bullet and doing it. Nobody is going to be able to hold your hand in this (well nobody that I know of) but just take a peek at the guide and give it a try. Ask questions and we will help if you get stuck./