Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreak again?

Exclamation jailbreak again?
    Hi, I've bought an 1'st Gen iPhone on ebay and i don't know his background. How can I check if it was already jailbreaked, unlocked, whatever?
    my firmware version is 1.1.4(4A102).

If my iPhone is jailbreaked, installing a clean apple 2.0 update from itunes will it mess my iPhone?

I don't want to mess a lot with it so I'm asking before the worst happens..
    I've read some tuturials and it seems very easy but.. I just want my iPhone with the standard apple apps, will I need a Pwnage or can I simply update it from itunes?

oh, I live overseas so I need that my iPhone had Portuguese (Portugal) language and keyborad, actually only the language is present.

Thank you
    Last edited by ruiroseno; 2008-07-24 at 08:02 PM. Reason: forgot elements

Thanks

If there is any icons on your iphone besides the default apple ones, it's jailbroken. Download the 2.0 firware, run pwnage, and upgrade through itunes. You should have no problems.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you have the installer program on it then you'll know for sure it's jailbreaked... you won't know if it's unlocked unless you test another carriers SIM card in it. Installing 2.0 will not mess anything up, but you will have to re-jailbreak/unlock with winpwn which is having severe issues at the moment.

thank you, yes i have the installer app so it's jailbroken but it's unlocked since here my courier it's not accepted on iPhone. So, making the new jailbreak i don't need to unlocking it again since it's already unlocked right?