Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: bricked edge iphone 2.0 please help

Default bricked edge iphone 2.0 please help
    Hello everyone,
    Hopefully someone here has an idea. tried searching the net and forums and so far have come up with nothing that was of help at all.
    I have an iphone that was recently pwned to version 2.0 was having some problems with the screeen and tried reloading the software.
    currently the phone is stuck on the goofy steve jobs screen which means to connect to itunes. I have tried just loading standard 2.0 firmware, the custom one pwnage makes, 1.1.4 and all other variants. with either error 1604 or 20 both on windows version and mac version with nothing on the screen. I believe the phone is stuck in DFU mode and no have no way of getting out of it. and when trying to connect the phone to a computer that is running just 7.5 itunes it will not even recognize the phone.

tried uninstalling and reinstalling from 7.7 yo 7.5 so I can keep the drivers from the 7.7 verison and that also seems to have proven useless. Any ideas on how I can reflash back onto 2.0 or 1.1.4 to the phone now since I really can't even get to power up at all? and btw it does have a cingular/att sim in it.

Maybe a different tool to try? I don't know but kind of stuck right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*EDIT* Minor update. Forgot to mention. the first time I have tried reloading the software via the Mac it will extract the software show prepairing for a while cause the iphone to reboot and give me error 6. repeat the process and gives me 1604 no matter how many times i have tried. just always goes to 1604 on the PC.
    Last edited by m9x3m0s; 2008-07-24 at 07:54 PM. Reason: add more information