Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JAilbroken/Unlocked/Activated??

Default JAilbroken/Unlocked/Activated??
    Hi I have a iphone with firmware 1.1.1, obviously it is unlocked/jailbroken or wateva cuz i live in South Africa and am using my south african sim card, i'm not quite sure wat these terms mean? if someone could explain them to me it would be much appreciated, it will just help me when i will need to upgrade the next firmware once it is possible!cuz 1.1.3 looks very kewl

thanks any1

iPhone? More like MyPhone nhba74's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Activated, Jailbroken, Unlocked?
    Jailbreaking means that your iphone is able run 3rd Party Applications (from MMi & etc.)

Unlocking means that your iphone can be used by other cell phone carriers that uses the "sim card."

iPhone? More like MyPhone cosmoLV's Avatar
    Thanks

first you need know what's jailbreak is - try to read all tutorials, how to downgrade, upgrade / try to understand how this all works
    1.1.3 ? just stay and keep eye whats going on when 1.1.3 comes out
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------

hey thanx guys for the quick reply!!!awesome, have read a few forums, and will keep my eyes peeled..thanx dudes

I think the new 1.1.3 firmware is going to be available on the 18th because i was restoring my firmware and next to update it said something like no new updates are available. please check back on the 18th for a new update.