Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upgrading from1.0.2 ---> 1.1.1 or 1.1.2

Question upgrading from1.0.2 ---> 1.1.1 or 1.1.2
    Hello,
    I'm very new to all of this.
    I have a 1.0.2 iphone with modem firmware 3.14.08_G. It is completely jailbroken and unlocked being used wih T-Mobile.
    My question is: is there a way that I can upgrade it to 1.1.1 or higher without having to re-sim-unlcok the phone because this was a very painful task, (for me at least). If so can you tell me how or point me in the rigt direction. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

You can't upgrade your phone without re-locking it back up. 1.1.1 is easier to unlock than 1.02. 1.1.1 can take 15 minutes to unlock. If you would like I could walk you through the steps??

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dlubbat For This Useful Post:

yoyoyoyoyoyo (2008-01-14)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dlubbat View Post
    You can't upgrade your phone without re-locking it back up. 1.1.1 is easier to unlock than 1.02. 1.1.1 can take 15 minutes to unlock. If you would like I could walk you through the steps??
    Hi, i too have 1.0.2 unlocked version iPhone currently using with other simcard. its working perfect but want to upgrade to 1.1.1 i have a mac system and need to know simple way to upgrade the iPhone, please note i am not a mac expert or very knowledgeble person in computers. i am a creative director by profession so not famillier with geek stuff. your help will be appreciated.

sure i'll help you. It's not that hard at all. Do you have wifi? If not, then you can not do it. You have to have a strong wifi connection for it to work. If you have wifi, then you are all good lol. Also do you have AIM? it would be a little easier to tell you how to do it over AIM...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dlubbat For This Useful Post:

please anybody help me ive bought an unlocked 1.0.2 iphone...i tried to virginise it using installer but the process blocked when it was flashing the baseband..
    i still upgraded it to 1.1.1 but it was unsuccessful,an error occured :S

now im stuck in recovery mode..i have tried to restore it but it was 'unable to restore'

what should i do???

thx a lot
    ps: please email me the reply thx

Ok,what you need to do is restore your phone to 1.1.1 - If you need the 1.1.1 firmware file you can get it here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=6

Connect your phone to itunes. Then press "Shift + Restore" at the same

time. A window will pop up and find the file for the 1.1.1 firmware that you

just downloaded. Double click on the file. Let iTunes restore and do its

thing. you should get an Error saying (1015). Then you need iBrickr

to boot your phone. You can get iBrickr here: http://cre.ations.net/creation/ibrickr

Once you download iBrickr, run it and select "Boot my iphone".

After that, you are now running on firmware 1.1.1!! But you have to do

the jailbreaking and unlocking process. If you need any help on that or on

what i just told you, feel free to ask.
    Last edited by dlubbat; 2008-01-14 at 09:32 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dlubbat For This Useful Post:

when i restored it i got error 2003 not 1015..i still used ibrickr but it tells me that i need itunes to restore it...

Quote Originally Posted by seb_nkl View Post
    when i restored it i got error 2003 not 1015..i still used ibrickr but it tells me that i need itunes to restore it...
    heyy ive tried it again it workes thx so much buddy i was so scared i lost the phone!!!!
    Last edited by seb_nkl; 2008-01-14 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

no problem at all. Glad I could help. If you have anymore questions, Feel free to ask me God Bless!!!