Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: mail app always crashes on jailbroken iphone 3g! already set permissions!

Default mail app always crashes on jailbroken iphone 3g! already set permissions!
    hey guys. so i got my iphone, jailbroke it, restored it from a backup, and ever since then my mail app hasnt been working. it goes to the mail app, connects to my gmail account, downloads new messages, then after about 3-4 second crashes to the home screen. also, when it crashes it doesnt save the new message(s) that it downloaded.

ive googled around everwhere and the only "fixes" seem to be setting /var/mobile/Library/mail to permission 777 and making it mobile:mobile. in addition i have reset my ipod (not restored it), erased the mail accounts and remade them, and even deleted the entire folder and then making my mail accounts again

nothing works and my mail app still consistently crashes. is there any way to fix this without restoring it? or is there a way to restore it where i wont lose anything? ideally id like to fix it without restoring, i dont want to go to the trouble of manually backing up everything

thanks!

edit: I'm also having the same issue on the AIM app right now, although that worked before...
    Last edited by cowsop; 2008-07-24 at 08:07 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cowsop For This Useful Post:

atrain (2008-08-05)

after doing a complete restore, I found out that only my gmail account with IMAP set up is crashing (followed guide from google, set up as "other" account). any other email account, including the standard gmail account, works fine. why is just that one account crashing?

fixed! well the fix was really stupid and simple, all i did was disable pop forwarding on my gmail account and now it is working fine
    Last edited by cowsop; 2008-07-25 at 10:48 PM.

thanks, i had the same problem, and read your post, was able to fix my problem

yup, and also one more thing for gmail accounts is to clean up all your labels and folders, and delete some messages from them. i think this was also causing problems