Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Have 2.0 unlocked with Cydia, but need AppSupport and Region Patch

Default Have 2.0 unlocked with Cydia, but need AppSupport and Region Patch
    I upgraded my first gen iphone from 1.1.4 to 2.0 using the new windows method. BUT, it came with Cydia, which doesn't offer AppSupport or Region Patch options. Without these installed, the phone doesn't recognize who the number belongs too and will only send me their number, not their name when receiving texts. Is there any way to get these through cydia, or can I install installer alonside of cydia? Thanks.

good point! looking forward to an answer!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default yes very good suggestion
    i really need that region patch because my iphone keeps showing the number with the extension instead of the caller name, i live in malta and my country code is 00356 can someone create this region patch please or modify this file PhoneNumberTemplates.plist so that it hides my country extension and the phone shows the name instead of the number please thanks a lot

One last question, I see that they are about to release a new version of "installer," will I be able to remove cydia or install "installer" alongside cydia to be able to use the region patch apps and others?

Can anybody continue this thread?
    I have my iPhone in Austria, and i really need a solution very fast.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This are phone number templates including MACEDONIA. If your country is not in here you can edit with notepad to add it. Just find a coutry that has a simmilar format to yours and change the international code.
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Karevski For This Useful Post:

pecalbar (2008-08-28)