Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.0.2 to 1.1.4 via WINPWN ?

Default 1.0.2 to 1.1.4 via WINPWN ?
    hello,

I've done a lot of reading here and on Google and I am pretty sure I know how to do it, however I would like to just verify with the knowledgable members here before I start...

I have my friend's iPhone which I unlocked, jailbroke and activated way way back last year using one of the first AnySim apps. Since then, he has left it at 1.0.2 and has never upgraded it !!! I've finally convinced him to upgrade to at least 1.1.4 to take advantage of all the great apps and games via installer.

Should I simply create a backup on iTunes (I have 7.7 installed on WinXP), hit shift-restore and apply the factory default 1.1.4 ispw then WINPWN it to a custom 1.1.4 ispw then just restore the backup from iTunes ?

Am I missing anything ?

thanks in advance !

I suggest going all the way to 2.0 while you are at it. There are a few guides floating around and some Pwned custom FW so that you can do this on Windows!

do I have to do anything to the BL ? I'm pretty sure it is still 3.9

does it need to be "virginized" or "wiped"

there is soo much old info on the net, hard to figure out which info is still important or not !!!!

thanks sr20_00, just might ! I own a new 3G iPhone with 2.0 on it, pretty buggy compared to the good ol' 1.14, my opinion however....

anyone please ? thank u
    Last edited by monica_69; 2008-07-23 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

well the only thing you can do with the bootloader is already 3.9 (right?) then there's nothing you can (or should) do with winpwn except upgrade the bl to 4.6. BTW Your theory should work. I upgraded my 1.1.4 to 2.0 without changing the bootloader (because I don't use the phone service right now) and it worked fine but I don't like 2.0 (yet) because there aren't really any great apps out except for a few in the appstore and the default interface is just so BORING, so I'm gonna downgrade back to 1.1.4 using winpwn.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th