Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreaking activated 1.1.2

Default jailbreaking activated 1.1.2
    hello all, so i just got my new replacement iphone in the mail and synced it to itunes... i tried following the excellent tut. by sidetalker, but after downgrading to 1.1.1, i dont know where to go from there. in his tut, it says wait to activate...... well, i waited and waited and waited.... never activated. am i missing something??? running otb 1.1.2 firmware and modem firmware is 04.02.13_G. if it makes it easier, i dont need to upgrade back to 1.1.2, ill stick w/ 1.1.1 if need be.

thanx in advanced,

Mr B.

I had the same problem trying to jailbreak my buddy's pre-activated OTB 1.1.2. It downgraded fine to 1.1.1 and jailbroke fine. But it was de-activated. After a breif panic we restored it back to 1.1.2 and we were activated again. Our next attempt will be to just proceed to upgrade to 1.1.2 from jaolbroken1.1.1 even though it's not activated and see if that works.

Any moderators in here have any suggestions.??????

I had the same problem last night while trying to jailbreak and OTB 1.1.2 phone for a friend of mine. I waited and waited for the activation after the 1.1.1 loaded and nothing. I just decided to continue on to the next step, visiting jailbreakme I think it was and finished all the steps. When completed, the phone activated in 1.1.2 and is jailbroken. Finished the 1.1.2 restore about 45 seconds before his laptop battery died, with no charge cord on hand....Whew! Hope this helps.

i keep having the problem where you get the green screen when you try to take it down to 1.0.2

any suggestions for that?

Thanks

I had a similar problem after restoring my phone to see if it helps a newly acquired battery life issue. I was running 1.1.2 jailbroken but not unlocked (I use ATT) phone. I wasnt sure if I jsut restored to 1.1.2 wether it would be as easy to jailbreak so I restored to 1.1.1. Well the phone wouldnt activate, mainly becasue it wasnt getting a signal. I decided to restore to 1.0.2 (which was the phone's original firmware) and it activated right away with a good signal. I'm not resyncing all my address book stuff and I'll see what happens. I was planning on running the phone "sstock" not jailbroken, for a day or two then if teh battery life seems better, upgrade and re-jsilbreak. If teh battery life still is poor, I'll take back and see if I can get a new phone. I was also experiencing teh missed calls in sleep mode issue too so.

Just finished the sync and everything in my contacts and calendar are there! SO I'm now running an un-jailbroken 1.0.2 phone with modem firmware 04.02.13_G.

I believe that if one is running 1.1.2 it is necessary to revert to 1.0.2 then back up to 1.1.1.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

1.1.1 doesnt activate aftter downgrading use wifi do jailbreakme then okto prep the upgrade
    If i helped hit Thanks!