Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Accidentally tried upgrade to 2.0, iPhone stuck!

Default Accidentally tried upgrade to 2.0, iPhone stuck!
    Hello. I have a 1st gen. iPhone with the 1.14 firmware installed. I accidentally clicked the OK to update my jailbroken unlocked iPhone to 2.0. It wouldn't load for awhile so I let it sit..my power accidentally went off and my computer turned off. I turned it back on and now on itunes its telling me to restore..when I try and restore it won't restore.

The screen on my iPhone has the picture of the itunes icon with the USB cord under it... i'm not sure what to do anymore.. can someone please help me I would really appreciate it. I just want to go back to 1.14... if 2.0 is easier I wouldn't mind upgrading to that.

I have Windows XP.

You very well could have bricked it.

It is in recovery mode if its showing a plug/Cd on the screen. If Itunes wont restore it, you could try to see if Pwnage or Ziphone will work, otherwise your having a bad day.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Albeeeezy (2008-07-23)

Damn it..thanks. I think I'm going to tryand take it back to the place I bought it... they're the people who actually unlocked it for me..that why I am totally clueless right now

J/W, did anyone else have this problem? If so someone please help me find a fix..im trying to fix it myself now

Finally fixed it!

BrooksGarrett.com Blog Archive Downgrading iPhone (1G) 2.0 to 1.1.4

I used that guide, I am so relieved..

Now does anyone here know how to get the installer app?

Finally fixed it!

BrooksGarrett.com Blog Archive Downgrading iPhone (1G) 2.0 to 1.1.4

I used that guide, I am so relieved..

Now does anyone here know how to get the installer app?
    Last edited by Albeeeezy; 2008-07-23 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi, um i had the same problem as u....my 1st gen iphone was unlocked nd i upgraded it to the latest version frimware throught itunes nd ive been struggling to try nd unlock it again.....then i figured out tht if i downgrade it to 1.1.4 it wud be much easier so i successfully downgraded to 1.1.4 through itunes but now im having trouble unlocking it....i used ziphone 3.0 nd it detects my device nd says rebooting device into recovery mode nd it gets tht far but after tht it just doesnt do anything else...i left it over night nd when i woke up it still said the same thing

can anyone please help me???????!!!!!!

EXACTLY the same thing happened to me, i had asked here in despair and didn't get a response but with a lot of patience I found the answer myself reading every single thread and trying...
    1. DELETE ziphone.NEVER touch it again.
    2. Download the latest firmware. http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw
    3. Download the 3.9 or 4.6 bootloaders here in the download section
    4. get the latest pwnage tool here
    Dev-Team Blog - The man from DelMonte - He say Yes!
    (many thanks to the dev team, it does make a difference between 2.2 and 2.2.1 !!!)
    5. follow these instructions literally, the only thing you may change is the partition size..
    Hack that Phone - Unlocking the 1st generation iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    You very well could have bricked it.

It is in recovery mode if its showing a plug/Cd on the screen. If Itunes wont restore it, you could try to see if Pwnage or Ziphone will work, otherwise your having a bad day.
    This is my issue. Do you think its screwed up. Shall i stop working on it?
    '1.0.2 upgrade to 2.2 bricked'
    Im trying to fix a friends phone who accidently upgraded a jailbroken phone 1.0.2 into 2.2 through iTunes and now has the yellow triangle.
    I have fixed many phones before but i cannot get any of my programs to fix it.
    Is it messed up for good?

Green Apple
    Thanks

restore in itunes, go to the dev-team blog and follow the instructions. that's it.
    G1 fw 1.5 on tmo
    iphone 2g fw 3.0 on tmo
    cingular 8525 fw 6 wm on tmo

luckly i never see yellow trangle, but question if rom is flashable which iphone design, isn't no matter how destory your phone can be u can always flash to a firmware(which works)? may be i never mess with a bricked iphone. but all else fail downgrade 1.1.4 and start over.

Hey u guys, thnx for helping me but i have another problem. I got someone to unlock it for me so it was running fine nd i have an app called cydia nd didnt know wat it was so i clicked on it nd it said reorganizing...will restart when done nd i thought it wud screw up my iphone so while it was doing tht i turned off the phone....stupid mistake i kno.....nd then started it again but now its frozen at the apple logo nd the rotating symbol shows under the apple logo but thts it.....i can sync it and turn it off nd on but cant get past tht

can u guys PLEASEEEEEEE HELPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!