Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1G users upgrading to 2.0 and pwning....check your visual voicemail

Default 1G users upgrading to 2.0 and pwning....check your visual voicemail
    Mine, and another guy on a different forum, do not have working visual voicemail anymore. We've went through ATT customer service to have them do their part on their side but it doesnt work. We still have internet to the phone, and normal voicemail functions but the visual part doesnt work.

check your visual voicemail and see if you have a problem with it.

ok so all these views and no responses. i take it everyone has working visual voicemail?
    Last edited by Pineapple Devil; 2008-07-23 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Upgrading to 2.0 actually enabled my Visual Voicemail. Can you access your EDGE settings? You need to ensure the EDGE config remained the same.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

where are the edge settings and what should they be? im using att

ive ssh'd into the phone and here is what the carrier.plist says

bplist00 '')-'/='?BCL__SupportsUserBusyCauseCode_ShowCallFo rwarded\StockSymboli_MyAccountURLTitle]SupportedSIMs\SupportsNITZWShowTTY[CarrierName\BookmarkURLs\MyAccountURL^ShowDialAssi st_StatusBarImages_VisualVoicemailServiceName_ IntlDataRoamingSwitch[SMTPServers_ShowCallForwarding_voicemail_conte xtTapnsXServices_VVMIgnoresIntlDataRoaming_Int lDataRoamingExceptionsTnameVsymbolTAT&TQT ^AT&T MyAccount !"#$%&V310150V310170V310180V310380V310410V310980V3 11180 *+,-[BookmarkURL\BookmarkName_'https://www.wireless.att.com/my-account 08123457_FullScreenOpaqueImage_AllowPrefix Matching\DefaultImageTat&t_FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png_ Default_CARRIER_ATT.png1239:<@IR_`gv| ™Ÿ #*1c8
    Last edited by Pineapple Devil; 2008-07-23 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You have to convert the binary plist file to text before you can open it. Take the carrier.plist and run it through Convert Apple Property list from binary to text XML

Then you can edit the EDGE settings

where are the correct edge settings that i should be putting in or looking to see whats wrong?

i found this carrier.plist here /system/library/carrier bundles/att_us.bundle/carrier.plist

here is what the bottom of the file says

<key>VisualVoicemailServiceName</key>
    <string>ACDS</string>
    <key>apns</key>
    <array>
    <dict>
    <key>apn</key>
    <string>wap.cingular</string>
    <key>password</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>username</key>
    <string></string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <key>apn</key>
    <string>acds.voicemail</string>
    <key>password</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>username</key>
    <string></string>
    </dict>
    </array>
    <key>voicemail_context</key>
    <integer>1</integer>

it seems im missing the username and password. what should it be or is supposed to be blank?

ok i got the wap un and pw, now i need to know what goes in the voicemail username and password
    Last edited by Pineapple Devil; 2008-07-23 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You need to get the carrier bundle particular to your phone, which is in /var/mobile/Library/Carrier.Bundle Bundles/carrier.plist

The EDGE settings for most carriers are in the Guides section of this site.

I don't know if you've tried this, found this info somewhere on one of the forums:

iphone voicemail setup:
    call *5005*86*xxx#(where xxx is your voicemail number)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by THEdAY View Post
    I don't know if you've tried this, found this info somewhere on one of the forums:

iphone voicemail setup:
    call *5005*86*xxx#(where xxx is your voicemail number)
    Visual Voicemail doesn't use a phone number, it uses EDGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    You need to get the carrier bundle particular to your phone, which is in /var/mobile/Library/Carrier.Bundle Bundles/carrier.plist

The EDGE settings for most carriers are in the Guides section of this site.
    its the same file found in the other carrier bundle. i got the edge info, i just need the voicemail info

do you know the username and password that goes into the voicemail settings? if any?

My VisualVoicemail didn't work at first, but I restored from my previous backup (settings and such) and it came back and works fine now.

I used the voicebox "button" in the past with the following mod:
    *5005*86*xxx#(where xxx is your voicemail number)
    I now upgraded to firmware 2.0 and asked Swisscom to change my voicebox Visual Voicemail - what they were doing (...at least they confirmed..). However - it's not working.

I'm still getting a SMS when someone was trying to call me and my mobile switched off. Do I have to change the above mentioned mod?

i ended up having to restore the custom 2.0 that i made the day the tool came out. works fine now. dont know what would have messed it up

mine isn't working either, it just calls my voicemail