Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone won't restart after attempting appsnapp install

Default iPhone won't restart after attempting appsnapp install
    1.1.2 otb iPhone. I know the guide says it may take quite a few tries but i think i'm on attempt 10 and after i follow the link to install appsnapp my phone just sits and goes to sleep, never restarts itself, i've waited up to 3 minutes...a few things i've noticed since the start.

after running independence, itunes would start up and connect to my iPhone, causing it to kick into registration mode. this had me restoring the iphone again because i couldn't get the emergency dial screen.

dialing *#307# was tricky because i had to quickly tap on the text field immediately after pressing Call in order for me to be able to neither answer or ignore that call and delete *#307#. once i figured that out everything there went well.

now getting to jailbreakme.com was interesting because after each failed attempt, safari kept the websites opened. i didnt realize this until i went through the process again and saw that i had 8 occurrences of jailbreakme.com opened...

here goes attempt 13, wish me luck!

vince

Jailbreakme.com is for 1.1.1 not 1.1.2 phones.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

i had a similar issue, appsnap would never reboot for me unless i had it connected to my mac dock. cause at first i was attempting it handset only. but when i put in the dock and then did it it worked for me, and the 2nd time i had to jailbreak one, same thing. but it did take a few attempts at rebooting even with it connected.

you will get there

ok well let me ask you this. Doesnt iTunes open when you plug your phone in? I have to immediatley unplug my phone after I open independence or else iTunes opens, reads my phone, then puts it into activation mode and then I can't get back to the emergency dial. Vey frustrating,thanks for the suggestion maybe I'll give it a shot, maybe iTunes wont open after the *#307# step

yes, but you could always set it not to auto launch, plus i never found it interfered with independance, i just let itunes open, independance overrode it and rebotted my iphone, and itunes just stays there and doesnt do aything detrimental to the process, at least for me on my mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbnhero View Post
    1.1.2 otb iPhone. I know the guide says it may take quite a few tries but i think i'm on attempt 10 and after i follow the link to install appsnapp my phone just sits and goes to sleep, never restarts itself, i've waited up to 3 minutes...a few things i've noticed since the start.

after running independence, itunes would start up and connect to my iPhone, causing it to kick into registration mode. this had me restoring the iphone again because i couldn't get the emergency dial screen.

dialing *#307# was tricky because i had to quickly tap on the text field immediately after pressing Call in order for me to be able to neither answer or ignore that call and delete *#307#. once i figured that out everything there went well.

now getting to jailbreakme.com was interesting because after each failed attempt, safari kept the websites opened. i didnt realize this until i went through the process again and saw that i had 8 occurrences of jailbreakme.com opened...

here goes attempt 13, wish me luck!

vince
    Guys the answer to the jailbreakme.com problem is that you have to end ituneshelper and ipodservices before you downgrade/restore to 1.1.1. This is done by pressing control + alt + del and in processes end this 2 tasks. After the downgrade it will take you mostly the second time to get it!!!!!

Hey thanks for the suggestions. I did eventually get it working a few days later. I'm not sure if I ended the helper processes before it worked. I know I quit the iTunes helper for something, but I dont think it was iPhone related. But anyways my ip is now hacked thanks again