Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I know if my phone is virginized or not?

Default How do I know if my phone is virginized or not?
    I have an iPhone with firmware 1.0.2, jailbroken and unlocked (with anySim) on T-Mobile US. I've never tried to upgrade past 1.0.2. I finally decided to try to upgrade to 1.1.1. I followed the instructions on iphone.unlock.no. I added their installer source and downloaded the virginizer script. It said it could take up to 10 minutes. I waited 30 mins and it was froze at the "erasing baseband" from almost the beginning.

When I restarted the phone, it displayed full bars or "no service" and never showed my carrier logo. Since I wasn't sure that it worked, I flashed 1.0.2 back on it. I had to activate it, however I didn't have to unlock it again, which I thought I would.

So the question is, is there a way to tell if my phone got virginized or not? I think it didn't, but I need to make sure before I upgrade. Could it be possible that I had too many 3rd party apps installed that made the virginizer freeze? I haven't installed hardly anything since I reflashed....

When asked what he would say to the columbine killers, Marilyn Manson said, "I would say nothing to them. I would listen to what they have to say, because that's what nobody else did" from the movie Farenheit 9/11

all u have to do is restore in itunes
    then unlock
    revirginize and upgrade