Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgraded, unlocked... but NO SERVICE and now FROZEN?!?

Default Downgraded, unlocked... but NO SERVICE and now FROZEN?!?
    It all started when I took my 1st gen iphone and tried to reset it to factory settings. I purchased this for my gf as a gift and I wanted it to be a clean, iphone and delete all the old apps and files, pics... etc from previous user. Phone was working perfect when I got it.

Anyway when I tried resetting it to factory settings it, of course, upgraded itself to 2.0. I am with Tmobile so unlocking it had its issues so I discovered the downgrade from 2.0 to 1.1.4 method. I uninstalled itunes 7.7 and installed 7.5, and did the DFU, shift+restore to 1.1.4 method. Did it twice both times with the 1015 error then loaded iLiberty and had it "jump of recovery."

I then, used iLiberty to activate, unlock, and jailbrake the phone. It seemed to work. But I got the "Repair Needed, iphone cannot make or receive calls. www.apple.com.support" message. So, since it was already on 1.1.4, I tried using ZiPhone to again unlock, activate and jailbrake the phone. I did that... successfull, but still.... get the same message "repair needed... etc."

When I put my tmobile sim card in, it never gets service. I try to make a call... nothing. I also noticed that there is no sound on the phone. This morning I connected it, opened with iTunes... tried to restore it to a previous iphone setting... and the phone froze and has been for about an hour now. It wont restart... even when holding power button, home... etc.

What next? I feel like I've tried everything... read every bulletin... tried every method... and still not a working iphone.

Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Download and run KiPhone
    Use the debug boot and ierase options. After that restore to 1.1.4 again and then re-unlock/jailbreak. Your problem is that you have the 2.0 baseband and the 1.1.4 firmware so you have to erase it and then re-write it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Download and run KiPhone
    Use the debug boot and ierase options. After that restore to 1.1.4 again and then re-unlock/jailbreak. Your problem is that you have the 2.0 baseband and the 1.1.4 firmware so you have to erase it and then re-write it.
    I did tried this... (i think)

opened program, clicked the debug and iErase boxes (left downgrade baseband un checked) and I hit start. Call me crazy but isnt that it? Maybe I should try again....

Thanks for your quick reply btw.

also having this problem after upgrading to 2.1 , i don't understand have followed insturctions down to a tee, any one help please im at my witts end!