Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!! to restore or not to restore; That is the Question...

Default HELP!! to restore or not to restore; That is the Question...
    OK guys I have a stupid question...

If I'm in iTunes and do a restore on my iPhone does it "loose" the UNLOCK and/or the JAILBREAK???

I bought the iPhone 8gb already unlocked/jailbroken but would like to wipe it clean with my own music, pictures, contacts, etc, etc. Would like it to restore to "factory" but do NOT want to loose the UNLOCK and JAILBRAKE.

So if I hit restore to factory thru iTunes does it "LOCK back to AT&PISS I mean AT&T???

Also,

what is the best procedure to UNLOCK/JAILBREAK an iPhone using a Windows computer?? (I know there is tons of procedures out there)

I thanks you for your help!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Restoring will relock the phone. What you should do is click at the top under Guides.. then click the "I just got my phone.. where do I start link" and follow the instructions to re-unlock/jailbreak your iPhone. Be sure to restore to 1.1.4 firmware if you want access to all the cools free apps on Installer & Cydia.

whatever you do.... dont do it on itunes!! It'll upgrade itself to 2.0 and YOU DONT WANT THAT.... trust me.

I'm going through a million issues because I wanted the same thing. I bought my gf a slightly used iphone and I wanted it to be factory (no pics, contacts... etc) from previous user, and now the phone isnt working.

you can do this on itunes but you need to download the 1.14 restore file from this site and then hold down shift and hit restore, then browse to where you downloaded the 1.14 firmware on your PC or MAC and then click on it, and you will have 1.14 restored on your iphone and not 2.0 which is the default now for itunes restore, then you can follow the guides and unlock/jailbreak