Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Awesome guide to jailbreaking OTB 1.1.2 and it works beautifully!

Default Awesome guide to jailbreaking OTB 1.1.2 and it works beautifully!
    Hi,
    I stumbled upon an awesome guide on how to jailbreak a brand new out-of-the-box 1.1.2. I found it in one of the thread here. Anyways, I followed with some caution and skepticism because I was so used to the other method of upgrading to 1.1.2 then downgrade then update etc. This guide works with a lot less steps too. Without further adieu, here is the link (drum rolls):

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=461

I am so happy I found this guide. Prior to this guide, I downgraded my 1.1.2 to 1.1.1, ran installapp works, the sim somehow activated the phone automatically, installed bsd and openssh, installed AnySim 1.2u and it didn't work. Anysim says can't unlock must restart. I tried this many times and it kept repeating the same message. Fearful (cuz it's my gf's phone), I searched this site for answers and found the guide above. Majorly phew!!! I was skeptical at first because there were a lot of steps missing from what I was used to such as I didn't have to install BSD and OpenSSH, and best of all install and run AnySim which kept giving me the error message of not being able to unlock. So reluctantly and desperately I followed the guide. And at the end, to my amazement it worked!!! haha I was so relief! So for those of you who are or going to be in the same shoe that I was in, try this guide and you too will have your phone jailbroken!

Enjoy and good luck!

Google: 911 Mysteries (watch the video, you'll be shocked)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to google911mysteries For This Useful Post:

Heather (2008-01-13)

Thanks a million times, google911mysteriouslyiuashwyr (duuude!! Whats up with the name ?! :P). You rock
    There's blood in my alcohol system.

i dont understand the steps of dialing that #30""" number ive never done that and its never caused a problem ive jailbroken my phone a few diff times and everytime never did that and it worked fine....
    Hacking gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside