Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some Questions For A Newbie

Lightbulb Some Questions For A Newbie
    Hey i have a few questions about the iphone:

When i unlock or jailbreak it do i need any sim card inside of it or i dont?

If i have a iphone that is with a firmware that is 1.1.1 can i just skip and upgrade it to 1.1.4 or do i need to go to the others first?

When i use the aim apps do i have to pay it as text msg or is it free?

Does the 5.99$ for internet(t-zone) still working?

Does the battery of the iphone last shorter after u use it for a while?

Well thanks all for now just some questions i have been wondering, if u helped thanks for helping.
    (If u have aim and would like to help this newbie with some questions plz feel free and leave ur sn)
    Last edited by NightWing; 2008-07-22 at 10:38 AM.

Can anyone help me answer these questions plz? just like yes and no if u dont wnat ot type much is fine.

No you don't have to have the sim card in when unlocking the phone.

You can skip upgrade.

AIM uses media, not sms.

I am pretty sure there is a T-Zones hack for 1.1.4

Your battery depends on personal use and programs.

Thanks

You actually do need to have the SIM card in the phone when you activate it. Otherwise when you plug it into iTunes, you'll get a message saying "Your SIM does not appear to be supported".
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

K well lets say i just brought a new iphone that is not unlock or jailbroken. I dont need a sim card right now right? Since i want ot use t mobile but i dont have any other sim card so i just plug the iphone into the computer and then just do the unlock? Another question since i dont have a itunes and the phone i brought was 2.0 and i want ot downgrade it to 1.1.4 can i just dl the itunes that is 7.5 and not dl the 7.7? Thank you for who that had help answered very much.

Can anyone help?

Since i dont have a itunes and the phone i brought was 2.0 and i want ot downgrade it to 1.1.4 can i just dl the itunes that is 7.5 and not dl the 7.7?