Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! I'm so lost!

Question HELP! I'm so lost!
    Ahoy,
    So first off, I wanted to thank everyone on this board for all the help so far with my phone.

My saga started when I was screwed over on ebay when my 1.1.1 iphone arrived here in Canada and I opened it to find a 1.1.2. version.

I then tried the jailbreak steps on this board only to be halted at the first step because not only was I sold an OTB iphone, but I was sold an OTB iphone that was screwed around with.

I couldnt figure out what the heck to do so I hired a local guy to try and solve the problem. He did manage to solve the problem, jailbreak my phone and return it to 1.1.1. But now I've noticed that the dude didnt leave the installer app on. Maybe he thought by removing it Id have to go to him and pay for any new apps?

So now today I have a stealth sim (which i know 100% works with my Rogers sim, tested on another working iphone). I dont know where to go from here? How do I get the Installer app back? what do I have to do in order to get the Stealth sim working?

After doing a little more research, I think the main problem is I dont know how to get the Installer App back...

It was a 1.1.2 OTB... I dont know what the original ebayer did to it, but when I got it, it was'nt activated at all and I couldnt get past the first step of jailbreaking myself. The guy I gave the phone to "virginized" it then jailbroke and downgraded to 1.1.1. He installed the function to have 3rd party support and I can have as many icons/apps as possible (there are 4 pages worth right now). There is no Installer Icon at all.

When I goto the 'Finder' app and click on the '~' icon, there is a Library folder, click on that and there is a folder called installer, click on that and there is an empty folder named 'Temp'. and 4 '.plist' files. I'm not sure if that matters at all, but it's the only mention of the installer that I could find.

The Apps he installed are...
    Apollo
    Lockbox
    DropCopy
    Oblique
    NikoTalkie
    Finder
    Services
    VNsea
    Navizon
    SMSD
    RSS
    MMS
    SendFile
    Uictl
    TTR
    Preview

The rest are stupid little games, NES, Iradio etc. all things Im pretty sure I know what do. The rest, I pretty much have no idea what to do with?

Someone else wrote this to me...

"It looks like to me that the whole jailbreaking process needs to be repeated. I would restore 1.1.1 and then jailbreak it and then upgrade to 1.1.2 and the jailbreak again."

Again, I aplogize for being such a noob to all this! but I have no idea where to even start trying this method? If anyone could point me in the right direction or confirm this persons thoughts, please let me know!

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

if your on 1.1.1 go to jailbreakme.com on your iphone run it and installer will automatically be installed..

hope it works for you.
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx