Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Missing 'Contacts' Icon

Default Missing 'Contacts' Icon
    I did the windows jailbreak yesterday and got Cydia on my 3g iphone. However when I finished restoring it, I noticed the Contacts icon has been replaced with Cydia.

Any know any tips or tricks so I can restore it? Is it suppose to be like that?

I tried Poof, but it doesnt show up on the list.

Thanks.

Al.

I'm having the same problem. However, I just installed Shozu and it crashed my iPhone and when it restarted my Contacts icon was missing.

Ok so I tried this: Download Boss Prefs from Cydia. Enter the Boss Prefs app once it's installed. Click on Config and turn "Show Dock" on. Select 'Back' and then select 'More' at the top of the screen. Select Dock icons> Add> MobileAddressBook. Head back to the homescreen. Restart your iPhone and you should see your contacts icon as the last icon for all your apps.

Let me know if that helps because it worked for me.
    Last edited by Corvida; 2008-07-24 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Corvida, thanks for the info. I checked and I didnt have that MobileAddressBook option which led me to believe it was the restore file.

I used an different 'custom' restore when I first updated the phone. Solution was just to run the regular 'pineapple' restore and everything was there there.

Thanks.

Al.