Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CYDIA, PWNAGE 2.0 and APPS - problem installing battery packs

Default CYDIA, PWNAGE 2.0 and APPS - problem installing battery packs
    From another thread:

==
    I pawned my [device] and I was using Cydia. Under "packages" it has a "Dew Battery" and I installed it. It came up working, but I found another one I liked better "NOS Battery". I then proceeded to uninstall the "Dew" battery and I cannot get a battery image back (a blank black screen) and the other ones I try to install (NOS and Jolt) and it gives me this error
    "Source Error" subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1"
    ==

Anyone experienced that? Seems like a common problem now.

Any solution is appreciated. Thanks!

same issue here but I have no sliders, most amusing. I think we can either replace the files where they used to be with the originals if we help each other sourcing the files, or with modded custom files. I know we can do this using ssh and wifi, I just don't know what the files are or where they go yet.??

Well, it was easier for me to do a restore and I did. Not installing anything from Cydia until I get a confirmation that everything works under 2.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontwo View Post
    Well, it was easier for me to do a restore and I did. Not installing anything from Cydia until I get a confirmation that everything works under 2.0
    Didn't you read the welcome page on Cydia?

It's not a problem with Cydia. Seems some people never learn, this has been going on since 1.1 was released!
    To live, you have to lie

Some people never learn? What sort of a helpful comment is that?!?
    I have just scoured the pages I'm the Cydia app and there is no mention of sliders!!
    I have however found a way to fix it using ssh and an awesome link that I will put back on here when I get back on my mac, at work at the mo and on my iPhone
    Smee

Thanks

There's no mention of sliders in particular, there's also no mention for each of the 100s of jailbroken apps that won't work either, just use a bit of common sense
    To live, you have to lie

there doesn't need to be mention of apps that don't work as if you have installed correctly cydia only shows 2.0 apps.
    Look, people come here for help, not so people can tell them to use common sense. If you can't help, don't comment!
    The guy wasn't saying he wants his 1.whatever apps on 2.0 he was saying the sliders, batterys and signal bars that are showing on Cydia 2.0 should work before he tries again, as of current they do not.
    Try if you like then you can use your common sense you so highly talk of to fix the error and share with us how you did it!

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Didn't you read the welcome page on Cydia?

It's not a problem with Cydia. Seems some people never learn, this has been going on since 1.1 was released!
    Did I say it was a problem with Cydia? No.

Also, every piece of software listed in Cydia _works_ under 2.0, otherwise saurik wouldn't have included it. However, there must be some glitches and hence is my "not installing anything from Cydia until I get a confirmation that everything works under 2.0" comment.

Don't reply for the sake of replying, redcard.

I'm on jailbroken 2.0 and have both the nitro battery and sliders with no issues whatsoever , have installed and uninstalled a few times and still no issues

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

How do most threads turn into a bashing session? We are supposed to help each other, not tell each other how dumb you think they are!
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!