Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage Tool 2.0.1 (UPDATE) July-20-2008 5:10 P.M.

Exclamation Pwnage Tool 2.0.1 (UPDATE) July-20-2008 5:10 P.M.
    Here is the new version of pwnage tool 2.0.1

http://thebigboss.org/repofiles/nonr...Tool_2.0.1.zip

Two Mirrors More
    http://www.mediafire.com/?e6m39eyxhty
    http://rapidshare.com/files/13123821...l.app.zip.html

Here is what they say's
    "Well, the response was overwhelming. The downloads brought down several of our servers, and some of them have yet to recover!

It seems that some people have been having problems with our initial release, so we have PwnageTool 2.0.1 for you. It addresses the following issues:

It auto-finds the bl39 and bl46 files better, if they’re on your computer
    It creates the ~/Library/iTunes/Device Support/ folder if not present, which should help with some 1600 errors people have been having.
    Many people have reported the PwnageTool not starting up at all (the icon never stops bouncing). This issue should be resolved now.
    The Sparkle AppCast URL is fixed in this version, so automatic updates should work for future releases.
    Because of the AppCast URL fix, we recommend that everyone who downloaded PwnageTool 2.0 get this version, if they want to stay up to date automatically.

N.B: if PwnageTool 2.0 pwned your phone correctly the first time, you do not need to pwn again with 2.0.1."

So Now Go And Download

http://thebigboss.org/repofiles/nonr...Tool_2.0.1.zip

Two Mirrors More
    http://www.mediafire.com/?e6m39eyxhty
    http://rapidshare.com/files/13123821...l.app.zip.html
    Last edited by esmandau; 2008-07-21 at 02:51 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to esmandau For This Useful Post:

louisb1966 (2008-07-21)

Umm there is something wrong with your zip it's corrupted

I just made my Iphone 16GB from 1.1.4 to 2 with their first Pwnage and it looks ok.!!!
    Thank you Dev. Team you are the best.

its not corrupted, i test it myself,....

Quote Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
    Umm there is something wrong with your zip it's corrupted
    here to. It won't extract
    OI FROM BRAZIL!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to esmandau For This Useful Post:

LukeDeFian (2008-07-21), tiorio (2008-07-21)

Quote Originally Posted by esmandau View Post
    anyway i post 2 more mirrors
    you've been properly thanked for the mirror
    OI FROM BRAZIL!

youre welcome, but i have to say that the first link that i post was from the original Bigboss Site

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When it would be released for windows..!!!
    - iPhone 8 Gig - 1.1.3 w/ Google Maps Locate Me WORKING.
    - Vodafone Edge.
    - Win xp and Vista.

actually there is no version for this but there is a method for windows

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by esmandau View Post
    actually there is no version for this but there is a method for windows
    Ok what is it?
    Thats like saying i can fix your problem but i am not giving you a solution.
    Last edited by JAG2621; 2008-07-21 at 06:04 PM.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

This is probably a stupid noob question but is the method for Windows that you are talking about tested? I have downgraded back to 1.1.4 successfully, which was my previous problem. Now I would like to pwnage my paper weight I mean my iphone as soon as possible.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by vicdev; 2008-07-21 at 11:46 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot every so often.

Great! Thanks! Now where do I find it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does anyone know if a new version of winpwn will be released? It would be nice to have the flexibility to create our own restore files

here is what you are guys looking for

Here’s the process for all us Windows users who want to upgrade to firmware 2.0. It involves WinPwn and a custom firmware. Check out my winpwn guide here.

Step 1: Use WinPWN 1.0 To PWN Your 1.1.4 iPhone. If you need WinPWN Get it: 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download winpwn_1.0.0.3_RC1_Setup.zip
    Step 2: Install BootNeuter (Available Via Installer).
    Step 3: Run BootNeuter and have it Neuter your iphone
    Step 4: Make sure your iTunes version is at 7.7
    Step 5: Grab a pre-created IPSW Made with PWNAGE 2.0 Mac. If you dont have one made you can grab one here: iThor\'s iPhone 2.0 Custom Firmware Vanilla (5A347) (download torrent) - TPB)
    Step 6:Put your phone into recovery or DFU mode.
    Step 7: In iTunes Shif+Click the Restore button and find your custom IPSW Firmware file.
    Step 8: Wait for it to complete! ENJOY!

here is what you are guys looking for

Here’s the process for all us Windows users who want to upgrade to firmware 2.0. It involves WinPwn and a custom firmware. Check out my winpwn guide here.

Step 1: Use WinPWN 1.0 To PWN Your 1.1.4 iPhone. If you need WinPWN Get it: 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download winpwn_1.0.0.3_RC1_Setup.zip
    Step 2: Install BootNeuter (Available Via Installer).
    Step 3: Run BootNeuter and have it Neuter your iphone
    Step 4: Make sure your iTunes version is at 7.7
    Step 5: Grab a pre-created IPSW Made with PWNAGE 2.0 Mac. If you dont have one made you can grab one here: iThor\'s iPhone 2.0 Custom Firmware Vanilla (5A347) (download torrent) - TPB)
    Step 6:Put your phone into recovery or DFU mode.
    Step 7: In iTunes Shif+Click the Restore button and find your custom IPSW Firmware file.
    Step 8: Wait for it to complete! ENJOY!
    Last edited by esmandau; 2008-07-22 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by mbudaca1 View Post
    I just made my Iphone 16GB from 1.1.4 to 2 with their first Pwnage and it looks ok.!!!
    Thank you Dev. Team you are the best.
    Hi, after you upgraded to 2.0, do you feel that your phone response is slower? I did the same, upgraded from 1.1.4 to 2.0, it seems that accessing any of the apps in iphone (SMS, phonebook, weather etc), it will load after about 3-4 secs.. unlike 1.1.4, it comes up almost immediate.

Is the 2.0 firmware takes up more RAM than 1.1.4?

I also find the same thing, it's very sluggish, has anyone else noticed that as well other than pointdexler and myself?

I especially notice a lag when I start the camera app I get the default page right away but it takes about 6 seconds for the shutter to open.

pointdexler, did you jailbreak it as mentioned above, all I did was use a custom firmware called "iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore__BL_4.6.ip sw" from another thread in this forum, and I had a unlocked, jailbroken phone before so according to the thread I just used that custom file and upgraded from iTunes using the shift click method, it then finished restoring and then I saw bootnueter running, then it was fine, I have cydia installed and app store at the same time.

But if all 2.0fw is slow like this I might go back to 1.1.4 until they release a fix.
    If anyone can comment on the way I jailbroke it, maybe I should do it differently.

here is the way I did it.

"1. Put iPhone in DFU Mode! Tutorial:
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode

2. Shift Restore in iTunes - Windows | Option restore in MAC
    3. Wait until Restore Process Finishes
    4. Thats all, just wait after Bootneuter finishes... Important!

5. Thats all - Activated/Unlocked/Jailbreaked"

Yes, I did exactly the instructions to upgrade and jailbreak 2.0 given in this forum. I did not encountered any issues during the jailbreak and everything looks fine.

I noticed that the wifi is acting strange, it takes a long time to get into any site and most of the time, fail to logon to Appstore...

SMS, photo, almost every apps are sluggish...

I have been reading somewhere that the new 3G phone has more RAM than the 1st gen iphone... could this be the problem? 2.0 firmware requires more RAM to work??

Tommyd75, i read a report in engadget, that the 2.0 firmware in iTune is meant for 3G phone and not compatible with 1st gen iphone... can someone confirm that?

check this out
    Are you having problems with iPhone 2.0? - Engadget
    Last edited by pointdexler; 2008-07-22 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

maybe its just me but i've noticed that my wifi drops in and out alot... when even i unlock my phone it doesn't show wifi conected and takes a min to reconnect? is this an issue or are the icon across the top just slow?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast