Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Plea For Help: iPhone 8GB: Completely Stuck => All Information Inside

Default Plea For Help: iPhone 8GB: Completely Stuck => All Information Inside
    Hi

I'm a new owner of an Iphone 8gb and after a few hours of trying to unlock my fone I have found myself at a point where I can troubleshoot no further by myself.

As I do not know what information is revelant, let me just spew forth everything that's happened since I received my Iphone

I received an Iphone 8gb as a present yesterday.

It came with Firmware 1.1.2 and I believe it is originally from Hong Kong

Originally it came with a chip that sat ontop of my sim card (australian vodafone) which enabled my simcard to be used in the Iphone, however some strange problems existed. I could not receive calls and could not manually dial numbers (everytime i pressed a number the screen would go blank and return home).

So, I figured I'd just restore the firmware and unlock the phone using software while I was at it.

(Oh, also an interesting fact here is, while I was using 1.1.2 I was able to boot up the phone without a sim card.)

So I looked up how to unlock using 1.1.4 and iLiberty+ (I'm running windows XP and iTunes 7.7).

I then used DFU to restore my iPhone to 1.1.4.

Now my iTunes says that it cannot sync unless I put in the proper simcard, the chip that originally allowed my simcard to be used is no longer working and it won't load without the simcard (which it previously could when using 1.1.2).

So, I presume that's normal and proceed to run iLiberty+ (using the guide on this website, with installer, cydia and openSSH selected, and with Jailbreak, Unlock and Cydia selected)

After installation, to my horror, my iphone is not unlocked and I cannot get it to work.

So, I redo the process about 3-4 times (restoring to 1.1.4 then running iLiberty+) each time trying to follow the instructions excactly, and still it doesn't work.

So I decide to try and restore it to version 1.1.2, but iTunes is giving me some kind of error that says Restore Failed.

If anyone has any idea on what I should do next, it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Aurathief; 2008-07-20 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

im going to assume its all because of the sim card.....try finding a friend that will let u borow their sim card and then attempt a 1.1.4 restore, phone should boot and work, THEN use iLiberty to unlock/activate(if needed)/jailbreak

when done remove sim a you should have a working phone(with no service-til u get either a new sim card or your old one to work)

im no expert but im going to assume what i said would work =]

that's what I was thinking too, as the instructions said that the iPhone is supposed to connect to the iTunes before loading iLiberty+

here's my problem though... My phone is locked to a Hong Kong Carrier, I'm currently in Australia

that's what I was thinking too, as the instructions said that the iPhone is supposed to connect to the iTunes before loading iLiberty+

here's my problem though... My phone is locked to a Hong Kong Carrier, I'm currently in Australia
    Last edited by Aurathief; 2008-07-20 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost