Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Serious excersise only for experts

Default Serious excersise only for experts
    Hi all,

I am dealing around with iPhone unlocking upgrading etc since the early release of the 1st gen iPhone in September last year. I have done around 150+ phones so far but this piece of beauty just gave me 2 days of hell and I got nowhere.
    A friend brought this iPhone to me with greyed WiFi no baseband info nor bluetooth etc.
    I tried severyl methods but theres one single problem which makes impossible any further steps.
    I cannot downgrade or restore, tried 7.4 7.5 7.7 iTunes but the progress bar just never finishes the process so I end up with an apple logo, DFU mode or the best recovery mode. Tried everything possible from ZiPhone,
    iLiberty, Kiphone to pwnage but simply cannot get a fresh clean working firmware on this crap.
    Any ideas?

Please only reply if you are expert and got a reasonable idea for me I dont wanna make this real bad situation worse. Any help would be much appretiated though.

Thanks in advance,
    Namasti
    Chris

Update
    Finally I managed to get the firmware restored and I can acces to the iPhone now. The problem as it seems
    - I dont have any kind of baseband
    - bootneuter cannot flash 3.9 FB with an error 5
    Is it possible that there are no baseband and/or bootlader present on this iPhone? If so how should I solve it?
    Last edited by teebee; 2008-07-20 at 08:10 PM.

Thanks

Just give it back to your friend. Problem solved.

Don't you just love posts from noobs requesting help only from experts? I mean, the dude can't restore, and he thinks that's a legitimate reason to call on all iphone experts and developers to sit round a fire and debate his issue??

OMG. WTF, kid.

This IPHONE is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!
    THIS IS AN EX-IPHONE!
    Last edited by redcard; 2008-07-20 at 07:08 PM.
    To live, you have to lie

DFU Restore Mode:
    1. Boot phone
    2. Hold Power + Home until the screen goes BLACK
    3. Continue to hold home and let go of power
    4. Plug into iTunes (screen should still be BLACK)
    5. Within 20 seconds it should come up in recovery mode
    6. Let go of Home and hit RESTORE in iTunes.
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2008-07-20 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    DFU Restore Mode:
    1. Boot phone
    2. Hold Power + Home until the screen goes BLACK
    3. Continue to hold home and let go of power
    4. Plug into iTunes (screen should still be BLACK)
    5. Within 20 seconds it should come up in recovery mode
    6. Let go of Home and hit RESTORE in iTunes.
    Thx but these steps done around thousand times and the best I can get is an almost restored firmware with no wifi, baseband, bluetooth etc. Now I am on 1.1.2 but still nothing works in connection with the baseband

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Just give it back to your friend. Problem solved.

Don't you just love posts from noobs requesting help only from experts? I mean, the dude can't restore, and he thinks that's a legitimate reason to call on all iphone experts and developers to sit round a fire and debate his issue??

OMG. WTF, kid.

This IPHONE is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!
    THIS IS AN EX-IPHONE!
    well thanks for calling me a noob, its ur legitim right of course but started this thing when the command-line methods were in fashion give me the right to think I am maybe only a semi-noob. Anyway I started this thread not for KIDS alike you starting split their bitter of life here but for advise and help. so thanks again
    a noob kid aged of 38
    Last edited by teebee; 2008-07-20 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

He is an expert and he doesn't know if there is no BL or baseband on the iPhone? Wow, I have seen it all. Especially from someone that has a total of 9 posts on the MMI forums.
    "Count your blessings. Make your blessings count!"

Is that an iPhone in your pocket?

I suggest you try following the guides to downgrade from 2.0 to 1.1.4, these include various methods of restoring the baseband because of course 2.0 upgrades it but a restore down to 2.0 will not downgrade it.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Robcoffee For This Useful Post:

teebee (2008-07-20)