Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Oh boy my iphone has froze from installing a 3rd party app on installer! Please help!

Wink Oh boy my iphone has froze from installing a 3rd party app on installer! Please help!
    So i downloaded and installed some application from the installer (dont remeber which one exactly) And it asked for me to reboot my iphone. Well, i did that and now it wont go past the apple logo. I've rebooted it several times, and tried to dock i get nothing. Can someone help point me into the right direction to restore my phone in the easiest manor possible? I currently have 1.1.4 firmware on there unlocked. Is there a easy way to restore this phone? Or is this going to be a huge problem. And if so can someone point me in the direction of a guide?

Thanks so much guys!

KB

Thanks

well the only way is to restore it.. hold the power/home button till shuts off..let go the power button but keep holding the home button as you plug it back to usb..then restore itunes..

i know its suck to redo all the settings but its the only way to go..happen to me couple of time..just try to remember what apps you put on so you can pin point what app could of cause that problem..i know DOCKS screwed me up so dont install that..
    Last edited by pacmac; 2008-07-20 at 07:24 AM.

someone help me please!!!! i bricked my phone

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B MAN View Post
    someone help me please!!!! i bricked my phone
    By "Bricked" do you mean it won't receive any signal or you can't get past the Apple Logo? Either way, I would DFU restore. Here's how.
    With your phone plugged in, do the following:
    1. Hold the home and lock buttons for 5 seconds until the phone turns off.
    2. When the phone turns off, hold the home button for EXACTLY 10 seconds.
    3. If the screen turns on, you failed, try again. If iTunes sees the phone and the screen is black, you win. Restore to 1.1.4 (or 2.0).