Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: dahhh what happened? :(

Default dahhh what happened? :(
    So my phone (running 1.0.2) and was fine all of a sudden went into recovery mode as I turned it on last night. This morning I figured I'd restore to 1.1.2, then downgrade, and get up to date with 1.1.2 jailbroken and all. I restored it, and after it was done, the error popped up like it should (or so the guide said) and afterward my phone just bricked. It wont turn on, it wont react or be detected when plugged in. nothing.

Anything I can do at all? I got my phone the day they came out, do you think I will still be able to get it replaced at this point? or am I just screwed??

pity bump:

going to the mac store today. I hope things turn out okay 0_0
    Last edited by jujubeanser; 2008-01-06 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

dont go to the apple store!!! hold down teh home and sleep buttons fore about 30 sec then turn it on regularly it will be in recovery mode
    If i helped hit Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by julianqm2 View Post
    dont go to the apple store!!! hold down teh home and sleep buttons fore about 30 sec then turn it on regularly it will be in recovery mode
    I held them down for 2 minutes. nothing. it's just black, no response, no nothing

there were no reservations left for today, and I have class ALL day monday. so hopefully tuesday I'll be able to go to the mac store

told them that my phone just froze up during my update into 1.1.2, and some other stuff, and wound up with a brand new free phone!

my phone was physically damaged on the side as well, but mentioned that that happened within the first week of my getting it (which actually was entirely true, and they even remember me from when I tried to get my upgrade to an 8gig after the price reduction and all that) so they couldn't blame it on that. and since it crashed DURING the update, decided to give me a brand new free one.