Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please point me to an upgrade guide for my 1.0.2 unlocked iPhone

Default Please point me to an upgrade guide for my 1.0.2 unlocked iPhone
    I've read what feels like 1,000 websites and have made excellent progress, but I can't find a guide to upgrade my unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 that works! I've tried the upgrade about 4-5 times, trying different techniques from different guides each time, none of which have worked. I either get error messages that anySIM can't unlock my iPhone or I get a successful unlock but an error message about my SIM card.

My iPhone system is currently:
    Software: 1.0.2 (1C28)
    Firmware: 3.14.08_G
    Bootloader: 3.9_M3S2

At a minimum I would like to upgrade to unlocked 1.1.1, but ultimately I would prefer to be on unlocked 1.1.2. After spending the last 24 hours working on the phone I'm now very comfortable with all the admin functions as root, so I'm not looking for a well written guide, just one that works to upgrade me from 1.0.2 unlocked to 1.1.2 unlocked.

Thanks for the help!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mvangogh View Post
    I've read what feels like 1,000 websites and have made excellent progress, but I can't find a guide to upgrade my unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 that works! I've tried the upgrade about 4-5 times, trying different techniques from different guides each time, none of which have worked. I either get error messages that anySIM can't unlock my iPhone or I get a successful unlock but an error message about my SIM card.

My iPhone system is currently:
    Software: 1.0.2 (1C28)
    Firmware: 3.14.08_G
    Bootloader: 3.9_M3S2

At a minimum I would like to upgrade to unlocked 1.1.1, but ultimately I would prefer to be on unlocked 1.1.2. After spending the last 24 hours working on the phone I'm now very comfortable with all the admin functions as root, so I'm not looking for a well written guide, just one that works to upgrade me from 1.0.2 unlocked to 1.1.2 unlocked.

Thanks for the help!
    I'm pretty sure 1.1.2 can't be unlocked rightnow only jailbroken. Don't know for sure though, I have AT&T. Lot less of a hastle

no, you most definately can unlock a 1.1.2 iPhone, it just can't have the 4.6 bootloader (baseband), better known as the OTB 1.1.2. The latest version of anySIM 1.2.1u supports unlock of a 1.1.2 iPhone. My problem seems to be the fact that I've run anySIM 1.0.2, which seems to disrupt the 1.2.1u, or at least that's been my experience so far.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17185

anyway, if someone has successfully upgraded a virgin 1.0.2 unlocked phone to 1.1.2 I would love to know what guide you used or what steps you took.

it is possible to unlock it with the first bootloader. the OTB 112 does not work... i mean the unlocking method... but it has the new bootlodaer. if d phone made earlier than the week 40, it has the old bootloader... it is ni d ser no.

yep, i forgat the most important.
    just use iDemocracy. It works and easy.
    latest version, u can download on this page.
    Last edited by i_rezsoh; 2008-01-06 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost