Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Missed Call screen closses + incoming SMS problem

Default Missed Call screen closses + incoming SMS problem
    Hi

1.1.4 iphone unlocked with winpwn. Has iPhone PC suite app installed + We Tools

Phone unlocked 3 weeks ago for the first time. Worked fine for 2 weeks.

Problem 1
    Last week, when missed call button pressed screen immediately went back to home screen - every time. Could not see mised call data.
    Problem 2
    Missed SMS - click SMS button, sms app opens and imediately closes, every time. Cannot use SMS app.

I cannot remember if resetfixedtemporarily.

I did a full itunes Shift / restore with original 1.1.4. Used WinPwn to unlock and installed some apps.

Phone worked fine for 1 week.

I backed up to PC with iPhone PC suite and did a full reset and delete data. I gave the phone to my brother yesterday, he connected and syncronised with iTunes on his mac.

Worked OK for a few hours.
    Problem 1 has returned exactly the same
    Problem 2 is worse. My brother reports phone 'flashes' momentarily then asks for sim pin. I think SMS app will not open.

Looking at SMS via we tools, shows that 3 sms I sent not received.

I assume I will have to do a full restore to 1.1.4 again, but I am not sure what else to do or not to do, to ensure problem does not return.

My brother is taking phone abroad next week and is totally 'non tech', so I want to ensure it is fixed permanently.

Thanks in Anticipation - ColinK

I have done some more reading.

Some posts (mostly for pre 1.1.4 version) suggest that international settings can cause SMS problems.

Just before I gave this phone to my brother I noticed that UK was not available in the International List, thus the language is English UK.

I did not get time to look into that.

What is the best application to install via installer to ensure UK can be set?

Not sure if this will fix my problem.

Thanks

I have done some more reading.

Some posts (mostly for pre 1.1.4 version) suggest that international settings can cause SMS problems.

Just before I gave this phone to my brother I noticed that UK was not available in the International List, thus the language is English UK.

I did not get time to look into that.

What is the best application to install via installer to ensure UK can be set?

Not sure if this will fix my problem.

Thanks
    Last edited by colink; 2008-07-19 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost