Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: *urgent help required*

Default *urgent help required*
    Hi Guys,

I have accidently updated my First Gen iPhone to the latest 2.0 firmware. I have Googled thousands of times, restore processes from this. But none of them seem to be working for me.

I am hoping I can find somebody who is willing to spare 15 minutes just to assist me in restoring my iPhone for me. I will need it restored by Monday Evening, at the very latest.

If there's anyone out there who is willing to help me, please contact me. It would be quite helpful if there was an address I could add you on for IM or Skype. I will also let you have full control of my computer, from which you can take the steps to solving my problem. Of course, I will be the one who will have to do the putting the phone into DFU mode etc. Thats what the IM or Skype is for.

Anyway, if anyone is willing to do this, please could you contact me on my email address:
    [email protected]

I will reward you somehow if you manage to get my phone working before Tuesday!!

Hi Poseidon79,

I have tried this. The real problem is infact that I usually get a 1600 error. Also, I tried restoring to the 2.0 Beta (5A258f) firmware. I can confirm that it WAS in DFU mode, but, once I started Restore, the phone kicked itself out of DFU mode and Restored in recovery mode. It was really wierd. Nothing has worked so far. I am completely stuck on a locked 2.0. Any ideas? Anyone?

Thanks

Do you have 7.5 itunes installed?

While I was attempting to restore to 1.1.4 I did. I have 7.7 at the moment.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tpkabz View Post
    While I was attempting to restore to 1.1.4 I did. I have 7.7 at the moment.
    After you install iTunes 7.5. After you uninstall 7.7 you reboot your pc as it requests you to.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

there is another person. On here who has a tutorial to FIX your problem.

Hey man, i hope your problem got fixed but i need serious help to. I just got the old 16gb iphone off ebay and wanted to unlock it, i got it out of the box and it showed the emergency call, so being the idiot i am i didnt think even think bout it, i plugged my phone to computer and used the latest Ziphone program to hopefully unlock it. It looked like it was working, showed the loading sign and then turned off, when it turned back on it showed a picture of itunes and the usb cord saying to conncet it. I did that and it wouldnt do anything, so i thought if i upgraded it to 7.7 it would work. I did and it says its in recovery mode and wants me to update it to 2.0 version. Ive been reading and it seems that i shouldnt do that. My phone right now keeps showing me the itunes and usb cord. it will shut off and then turn on and show it again. Im pulling out my hairs over this. Can anyone please tell me what i need to do. Please!!! i dont care bout jailbreaking it right now i just want to have my phone working to make calls

Thanks

What firmware was on it? Put the phone in DFU mode and shift+click restore, and find 1.1.4
    ipsw
    And if 7.7 want work uninstall it and install 7.5 reboot the pc and try it again.

Try this guided Restore From 2.0 Beta 5 & 4 | Command Interactive

i hope it helps
    (/)EMESIS

When I am restoring to 1.1.4, it give me an error of:

The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored.
    An Unknown Error Occoured (-20)

Any ideas?

i did the same thing was able to restore and downgrade but no i have no carrier i cannot make any calls! im confused!

im am back to 1.1.4 everthing works except no carrier!?

go to task manager and stop the ihone/ipod helper then depending on how important your itunes back up is.. (i deleted mine) delete the folder using the seach...the problem is its still seeing parts of the old 7 itunes... ijust got passed that a few hours ago.... hope you bypasss my problem.. which is no carrier logo.. cannot make calls
    Last edited by doc3045; 2008-07-18 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Smile No Service / carrier solution
    Six days it took messing around to find this...

The downloads you will need are; (Download all of these to the desktop for your own sanity)
    iTunes 7.5
    Download iTunes 7.5.0.20 - FileHippo.com
    Iphone 1.1.4 Firmware
    iPod/iPhone firmware update 1.1.4 released - The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
    iBrickr
    cre.ations.net - Creation: iBrickr: Easy iPhone ringtone / app management for Windows (This is windows ONLY)
    Ziphone 3
    ZiPhone's Blog
    Kiphone
    EraseBaseband

Ok so you've downloaded all of these, lets get started...

1. Upgrade your iPhone to Version 2 software through iTunes as normal, and wait for the Sim locked message. You need to do this to normalise your iPhone again incase any previous messing around did anything nasty.

2. Uninstall iTunes if it is a higher version than 7.5 and install iTunes 7.5 (You need to do this to avoid the annoying Error 1604). Some of you may have a problem on the mac when downgrading to iTunes 7.5 (Library error). You need to go to finder click on /Users/Username/Music/iTunes you should see the "iTunes Library" file. MOVE it somewhere safe. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DELETE THIS FILE, if you do you will have to redo all your playlists etc, believe me I made this mistake (Thank God for Time Machine!!). iTunes 7.5 should launch away

3. Restore your iPhone to 1.1.4. Do this by docking your iPhone and hold down the Option key (Mac) or Shift key (PC) and click on restore. Point iTunes to the 1.1.4 firmware you downloaded earlier. Sit back and relax, you deserve a coffee.

4. Don't panic, you should get an "Error 10xx", usually 1015, this is ok. Take a sip of coffee, a deep breath and proceed.

5. Load up iBrickr, you will need a PC for this if you have a Mac or just fire up Parallels / VMWare. Luckily I had access to an old laptop. iBrickr should recognise your iPhone as being connected.

6. iBrickr (V0.91) has only two options, click the "Boot phone" button. The screen will turn red, this is normal, be patient it takes a couple of minutes to reboot.

7. You should now have have a 1.1.4 iPhone with a baseband from V2 (Who cares, its technical and we don't need to get into it here)

8. Run ZiPhone and use the "Do it all" option. Make another coffee, this takes 10 minutes or more.

9. You now have a jailbroken phone, with a "No Service" problem. Great.

10. Load up KiPhone. click on "iErase" (Mac) or "debug boot" and "Erase baseband" (PC). I HAD MORE SUCCESS WITH THE PC VERSION. The Mac version hung twice, it's your choice but for your own sanity maybe try the PC Version.

11. Enjoy, you should have full service back.

12. Dock with iTunes, it will ask you if you want to upgrade your iPhone, make sure to click the "Do not ask me again" button and click don't upgrade. Otherwise you will be back at square one.

13. Drink lots of beer, Apple you should be ashamed of yourselves, I wasted the majority of six days of my life to get this problem sorted. Pity-full.

Just one problem.

Once you update to 2.0 in 7.7, the iPhone becomes undetectable in all other versions of iTunes. I cant Restore to 1.1.4 in 7.7

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tpkabz View Post
    Just one problem.

Once you update to 2.0 in 7.7, the iPhone becomes undetectable in all other versions of iTunes. I cant Restore to 1.1.4 in 7.7
    Did you put the phone in DFU mode?

Yes I did.