Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My confirmed 2.0 to 1.1.4 downgrade!!! Works!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

hmmm what process was used to jailbreak before 2.0?

Thanks

Damn super tedious but good work.

I have tried this process about 20 to 25 times to the letter. I keep getting the 1604 error. I am postive it is in DFU and that I have deleted everything. I have installed and uninstalled 4 times now with a file search to make sure. I have tried everthing I can not seem to get this process to work. My phone is stuck in a recycle of recovery mode. Any Ideas come to mind. Anything would be greatly apperciated. Right now I have a $400.00 paperweight. Thanks ahead of time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jordan19s View Post
    ziphone
    damn i hate ziphone!
    every ziphone i have encountered has been a real PITA to fix.
    its always something.
    i would try a virginize off of installer. it may take some research to figure out what ya need to do but it seems like a last resort scenario!
    let me know what you come up with before you do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by tyfly867 View Post
    Damn super tedious but good work.
    thanks, every phone i have done on this method has varied slightly depending on the original setup (wether it was on 1.0.2 when bought or 1.1.4 etc.)
    all the unlocks and jailbreaks and fakeblanks really add to the headache.
    and finally there are some apps (five icon dock in freeboard) that can cause problems too.

glad i could help.

Quote Originally Posted by sandbplayhouse View Post
    I have tried this process about 20 to 25 times to the letter. I keep getting the 1604 error. I am postive it is in DFU and that I have deleted everything. I have installed and uninstalled 4 times now with a file search to make sure. I have tried everthing I can not seem to get this process to work. My phone is stuck in a recycle of recovery mode. Any Ideas come to mind. Anything would be greatly apperciated. Right now I have a $400.00 paperweight. Thanks ahead of time.

do a search for "error 1604"
    try everything.
    let me know what happens.

well i gave the phone to my friend so he can put his at&t sim card in and hook it up to his comp to see if it can go back to normal.. & what software you used to unlock yours
    Last edited by jordan19s; 2008-08-04 at 04:08 AM.

Thanks

well i gave the phone to my friend so he can put his at&t sim card in and hook it up to his comp to see if it can go back to normal.. & what software you used to unlock yours

i like winpwn, but it can be a headache to get to work right.

iliberty is by far the easiest and best unlock/jailbreak/activate.

easy= just read the options and select what you want.
    best= no phone has been bricked, and it can be done again and again if you forget an option the first time. includes a dfu, recovery, and kick out button. and you can use the bootneuter program with it to essentially get the same results as winpwn.

good luck with ur friend tryin it with at&t sim. may work, may not.

what if it dont work but i really hope it work should i bring it to the apple store

Thanks

what if it dont work but i really hope it work should i bring it to the apple store

if it worked before the upgrade, then no!

you just did something wrong.

check your local craigslist, someone will be on there unlocking iphones.

i do it in jacksonville for $40 and i guarantee my work.

someone should be able to do it.

if it was broke before, then yeah, you have a hardware failure.

if i use winpwn 2.0.0.3 on my iphone 2g would everything work like safari,youtube, and does cydia work like installer & also would edge work . i will be using t-mobile.

^?
    Last edited by jordan19s; 2008-08-05 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

if i use winpwn 2.0.0.3 on my iphone 2g would everything work like safari,youtube, and does cydia work like installer & also would edge work . i will be using t-mobile.

^?

yes to all, but the edge part,
    you will have to go into cydia, update all packages that are required, and then install the tzones hack.

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    yes to all, but the edge part,
    you will have to go into cydia, update all packages that are required, and then install the tzones hack.
    i got a sidekick now i dont have t-zone do i really need t-zone for that hack to work?

only need t-zones if that what you use. I use total internet (like the hotspot access) so didn't need to apply that hack.

Quote Originally Posted by cartman13 View Post
    only need t-zones if that what you use. I use total internet (like the hotspot access) so didn't need to apply that hack.

So do I need t -zone to have edge.. Cuz I'm on the sidekick plan now & I don't think that web thing will work... I no I had a E before but did not really feel like a difference I will have my phone later on today.

Thanks

So do I need t -zone to have edge.. Cuz I'm on the sidekick plan now & I don't think that web thing will work... I no I had a E before but did not really feel like a difference I will have my phone later on today.

"web thing" will not work without tzones AND the tzones hack.

it is not so much a hack as it just uploads the tmobile internet settings into the part of the iphone that stores edge settings.

full internet package still requires it to be entered seeing as how otherwise there are no internet settings built into the phone other than at&t's

bot the 19.99 and 5.99 package give the same results in speed and reliability. whoever says different is lying.
    done numerous tests with and without tmobile tech support on the phone.

try a network test speed and see for yourself.

sidekick plan will not work because it is trying to go thru hiptop's (makers of sidekick) servers instead of tzones.

i use myfaves 1000
    unlimited texts 14.99
    and tzones 5.99

total with taxes per month, $90

highest speed i see on edge with tzones or 19.99 full package= 240kbs
    i get around 500kbs on wifi in house on my cable internet

i got a 1st gen iphone with 2.0 firmware but i want to dl to 1.1.4 and the software that used to jb was ziphone and winpwn need help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by profesionaljosue View Post
    i got a 1st gen iphone with 2.0 firmware but i want to dl to 1.1.4 and the software that used to jb was ziphone and winpwn need help

DUDE SEARCH!!!!!

there are 4 guides for downgrading, and about 10 on each different jailbreak option.
    geez.

Default Iphone 2G 2.01 error 20 when attempting to downgrade
    i didn't notice the warning of not upgrading to 2.01 thru itunes and now i am trying to downgrade and followed your instructions. however, when i am in itunes 7.5 and i go in recovery mode to install 1.14 i got a error 20 and it stops right there. i am running xp and my iphone is the first release 16gb. please help.

I am stuck at step 2!!!
    I plug the phone into itunes and i get a
    " you must install itunes 7.7 or newer to use this phone" Message.
    I installed itunes 7.5 on a virgin PC that has never seen itunes before.
    After i cancel the message window iTunes wouldn't even recognize the phone. I tried DFU, tried restore, tried to restore it to "original" state with Pwnge. Nothing.
    am i doing something wrong here?

Thank you guys

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
    I am stuck at step 2!!!
    I plug the phone into itunes and i get a
    " you must install itunes 7.7 or newer to use this phone" Message.
    I installed itunes 7.5 on a virgin PC that has never seen itunes before.
    After i cancel the message window iTunes wouldn't even recognize the phone. I tried DFU, tried restore, tried to restore it to "original" state with Pwnge. Nothing.
    am i doing something wrong here?

Thank you guys

itunes said you need 7.7 because you plugged it in with out first putting it in dfu mode.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to tattoojack For This Useful Post:

rolandgabor (2008-08-14)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12