Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: no service fix - hope

Exclamation no service fix - hope
    i think i've fixed my "no service" issue which i've been dealing with for a very long time. These were the following steps i took:

** NOTE: this may look like a step by step instructions, but it's not. These steps are for people who have done all of this b4 or have previous experiences unlocking and jailbreaking. the main site i will refer u to is listed below.

iClarified - Tutorials - iPhone

1a.) uninstall iTunes version higher that 7.5
    b.) delete the "iTunes Library.itl" file located in CDocuments and Settings\"loginname"\My Documents\My Music\iTunes
    c.) download and install iTunes 7.5 - if u do not do the sub-step above, iTunes will not start.

NOTE: i think the step above is what caused my headaches, but since i'm not a programmer i'm not sure.

2a.) using iDemocracy erase baseband and then place into DFU mode(from the things i've read, i do not trust Ziphone)
    b.) restore to 1.0.2
    c.) repeat step 2a - restore to 1.1.1
    d.) repeat step 2a - restore to 1.1.2
    e.) repeat step 2a - restore to 1.1.3
    f.) repeat step 2a - restore to 1.1.4
    ** u do NOT have to jailbreak or activate in between any of these sub-steps above.

** NOTE all of those sub-step of 2 might not be necessary but i did it out of paranoia. u might be able to just jump from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4.

3.) using pwnage tool to jailbreak your iphone - in your advance tab of the pwnage tool:
    check "enable baseband update" box
    check "update bootloader" box
    check "upgrade to 4.6" box
    make sure to the "autodelete bootneuter.app" box is NOT checked

** finish all the required steps for the pawnage tool

4.) using the bootneuter app in your iphone, downgrade bootloader to 3.9, neuter and unlock.
    Last edited by platinumigloo; 2008-07-16 at 08:05 PM.

Hi, I have the same problem have not got service in mths,Just wondering in step 2a is that a restore or upgrade ?? I have tried several methods trying to match all versions of bb with iphone versions and still no hope ill try your fix later and keep posted.