Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone will not reconnect to network after losing reception. Help Appreciated.

Default iPhone will not reconnect to network after losing reception. Help Appreciated.
    I have a strange problem with my iPhone - 1.1.4 (4A102) Firmware: 04.04.05_G - which is unlocked and I am using on the Orange network in the UK.

The problem is that whenever the phone looses network reception (for example if I am on a train, or if the phone goes flat) it will stops finding the network altogether.

The only way to get it working again is to remove my SIM card and put it into another phone, wait till it gets reception, and then put it back in the iPhone. Simply removing the SIM without putting it in another phone, switching the iPhone off etc does not fix the problem.

The really strange thing is that I have tried putting in another Orange SIM (and various other networks) and they will find the reception fine, but until I have put mine into another phone it will not work.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening and if there is anything I can do to correct the problem?

Cheers in advance.
    Last edited by Spitman; 2008-07-16 at 04:15 PM.

Bump - c'mon people - can't anyone help me at all???